Thread: zaino vs upp

Post Thanks / Like

Question zaino vs upp

For those of you who have used both, compare the two as far look, slickness, ease of use, longetivity, price per ounce, or overall product performance. I am interested to see what you think. With the price difference being what it is do you think upp is a bargain? I certainly think it is.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss_429 and Wayne have experience with Z and UPP. I`m sure they`ll be along to lend their experience and informed opinions.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not Boss or Wayne..but heres my 2c`s...
    1 to 10..10 being best

......... ..... .... Platinum ...... Zaino
    slickness, ............10........ 10
    ease of use, ......... 10 ........ 8
    longetivity, ........... 8 ......... 9
    price per ounce, .....10 ........... 9
    overall product
    performance. .......... 9 ...... 8.5

wayne
    I am still in the testing process with UPP.
    Zaino, IMO, so far, out of everything I tried, Is a TOTALLY different product. It is for show cars, hides NO imperfections and is optically perfect.
    Put Zaino on an older car with a lot(or some)imperfections, and they will be "magnified..., just as a "perfect" paint job will be magnified.
    Zaino is a "specialized" product...,
    UPP would be more for a "daily driver".
    Just from what I have found so far

Boss_429
    Well, it certainly is fun comparing products the caliber of Zaino and UPP. Although my testing is not fully complete, and I`m not as "experienced" with UPP, as I am with Zaino, here`s how it stands so far, and remember, these are just my observations.

Price..................... I agree with Jeff, UPP is a bit better priced. However, if you use the "complete" UPP line, and the complete Zaino line (without ZFX), there isn`t that much of a price difference. However when you add in the ZFX (way overpriced), the Zaino jumps up there in price.

Application............ Both are super easy to apply. At this point, I`m still able to get thinner coats of Zaino on than UPP. Part of that may be because of the ability to moisten the applicator with QD for the Zaino, but not the UPP (plus the fact I`ve applied probably 50 coats or so of Zaino). I`m sure I`ll get better at applying lighter coats of UPP.

Removal................ Both are very easy to remove. The UPP does seem to remove better with an MF, where the Zaino seems to prefer cotton towels.

Looks.................... This is a really tough one. The UPP definitely has more of a carnauba look than the Zaino, and in combination with AIO, the UPP darkens the paint a tad (what I was looking for). The UPP, coat vs coat of Zaino, has a wetter, deeper look. Two coats of UPP looks as wet and deep as 5 or 6 coats of Zaino. On the other hand, Zaino has a slight edge in "reflectivity", and in my opinion, a slight edge in "clarity", but not much. Still, you can tell that both products are synthetics, but it`s more difficult to tell that the UPP is a synthetic. Also, UPP doesn`t seem to attract as much dust as the Zaino, and so far, I`ve noticed that the UPP doesn`t seem to smudge!

Longevity.............. Well, the verdict is still out for me on the durability of the UPP. From what I`ve seen so far, I`m going to have to still give Zaino the overall edge in durabililty. If you let an applicator sit for a few hours with Zaino in it, it`s almost impossible to clean the Zaino out. If you let one sit for a few hours with Zaino and ZFX in it, forget it, the applicator is toast, no matter what you try and clean it with! (whatever is in there is TOUGH) If you let an applicator sit for a few of hours with UPP, you can still clean it up with Dawn. Now, I`m not sure what that tells me, but I`m sure it`s something. Having said that, I`m certain that the UPP`s durability is going to be far better than any carnauba, and more than enough for me.

In the end, I would say that both are great products and perform very well, and it`s more a matter of perference in looks than anything else. In the other areas, it`s like splitting hairs!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    Im not Boss or Wayne..but heres my 2c`s...
    Sorry Jeffbruce....forgot you were an experienced Z user. My apologies.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

forgot you were an experienced Z user.
    Natty
    Oh no, experienced,,no, casual user yes...
    Now that Boss_429 guy, what a great write up.
    I concour with 99 percent of what he said....

Jeff

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    what didn`t you agree with?
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Thread Information