Post Thanks / Like

Why does everything have to be so phoney?

Just got a recent Autosport catalog and they show what is supposed to be a mother and daughter out in front of the house washing the family SUV with big smiles on their faces. Why does every damn thing have to be so freakin` PC? No woman on earth washes their own SUV - well maybe that`s a bit strong, but no woman on earth with a daughter washes her own SUV. Why can`t anything be told the way it is anymore? Women are absolute equals to men, but there are just some things they don`t do. Let`s recognize it and move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    It has little to do with `phoniness` and more to do with powerfull, effective marketing strategies.

The bottom line is, women/girls appeal to any & every sane (and non ````sexual man). Naturally (and yoummay not realize this on a conscious level) but is a pretty woman/girl is the head of promoting a certain product...you (us, men that is) will be EXTREMELY more likely to remember the product, fell good about the product and actually BUY the product.

I wholeheartedly agree with women being equal to men. However, as marketing tools, women are more powerfull, beautiful and appealing. Bottom line is, whether your marketing to Men OR women, it all boils down to the WOMAN as the key factor in the sale.

How is this so you ask. Well....the majority of women make household purchases (i think the number is roughly 75% of the purchases). On the flipside, women (when marketed to men) are by far the strongest selling tool as well.

SO both ways, or either way...women dominate the market place.

I`d try to look at `phoniness` in a different light, rather than upset or cynical....just think `sexy.`

Take care.

-Mike
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    ...that makes sense. But I don`t think that`s what they`re shooting for with the cover of the catalog, unless the mother and daughter are both 20 and wearing bikinis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to completely dissagree with you. Women DO wash their SUV`s. I detailed one that was washed with a scotchbrite pad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by shotime
    I have to completely dissagree with you. Women DO wash their SUV`s. I detailed one that was washed with a scotchbrite pad!

Goodlord scotchbright?!?! :wait :wait :wait

Some people are just oblivious
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Thread Information