Boss_429

Pros and Cons - EX & Polish with Carnauba

Poorboy,

Just to kick things off in the new forum..................

Why would someone choose between one or the other? What are the Pro and Cons of one vs the other?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok Boss you asked i`ll answer...

People who are very much into the detailing of their vehicles, and find it fun and relaxing will choose EX....it has a deeper glow and is a favorite of many show vehicles as you have heard on other forums. It also has no real cleaning abilities and takes a few steps to properly prepare the surface if it`s not your truck..lol.....Ex takes maintenence to keep the Carnuba glow...like using a QD that contains Carnuba. The protection goes on but as we all know, the Carnuba shine has a limited life. This product is intended for the enthusiast like yourself. It can also be layered to add more depth and glow.

The Polish with Carnuba is an AIO (all in one) product. It cleans protects and give very easy maintenence...I really like this because having twins and a new buisness i don`t have the time I use to have. I`ve always loved spending time polishing , cleaning and waxing my vehicles for over 20+ years, but now time is not on my side and this product make it easy to get the compliments without the work....It can`t be layered , but the more you use it the slicker the finish will get and the clearer the reflections of metal flakes and Pearls will come through....this product also contains a patented UV absorber different than the one in EX.

I really believe at the level of detailing many people that read these boards are more subjective than objective in terms of looks.

For those who want the best of both products, just put a layer or two of EX over the Polish with Carnuba.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Sounds good Poorboy! Based upon what I read in some of the other threads (until SOMEBODY lost them )..................... would you think that the following makes sense:

Apply a coat of Polish with Carnauba with a PC, and work it in really well. Then, lightly apply another coat of Polish with Carnauba by hand. Then start applying coats of EX by hand.

Obviously, one would want to let each coat of P with C cure a bit before starting on the EX.............. correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss ...you will have an awesome shine...oh that`s right you already do..lol ..

yes, that would work well...looks , durability and lots of fun for you doing it

I can`t wait for my girls to get old enough to help detail and I can get back to a leisurely day of cleaning and shining some of my pride and joys...

Post Thanks / Like
    With EX layer on top...the Carnauba still will melt away.??....what actually happens underneath the EX over time??
    jeff

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Boss ...you will have an awesome shine...oh that`s right you already do..lol ..
    Yes, but........... "it`s never good enough"!

Anyhow, I`ll be adding some P with C to my list along with my years supply of S & W, and some of those "magic applicators"....... and God knows what else!

Sure hope the UPS truck can get into my driveway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff as I understand it...the Carnuba is affected by the sun and heat..that is why no Carnuba product will have as long a "look" as a polymer. The wax is still there it just loses it`s look.
    As we know it takes time and another product to strip even the dulled wax that is still protecting, but is not sufficient for enthusiats who want a glow or POP.

so on goes the process of removing the old and putting on the new or as many people who are really intense do, add another coat untill they realize they have lost clarity, due to too much product on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    man I type slow....Boss you are soooo funny!

the 50` tractor trailer is on it`s way:p

Thread Information