Post Thanks / Like

What would you use on a Brickyard 350Z?

I need to detail my Nissan 350Z.It is the Brickyard color. It`s dark maroon for those who do not know.I do not have a buffer,I will be doing everything by hand.Which products would you use?Thanks for the info.John

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would use polish, wax, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, wheel dressing, and dash dressing. Care to ask a more specific question so I can give a more specific answer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok,which brands would you use?I like the deep,wet look,but I want something that is also going to last.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I would highly recommend a PC buffer. Maybe you don`t need it right now, but, unless you garage the car and only use it on nice days, you will. Anyway, if you`re working by hand, I think you need stuff that`s easy to work with and fills any flaws you can`t remove without a machine. I would go for Poorboys pro polish to prep the surface, followed by 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to fill the flaws, followed by Poorboys EX for a long-lasting carnuba shine. Stock up on plenty of microfiber towels and don`t skimp on the quality of the car wash soap. Megs Gold Class is nice and slippery. Again, I can`t begin to tell you the difference you will see in your work with a PC, especially as the car starts to age. I guess it is possible to achieve a showcar finish by hand - certainly people have done it for years, but man, you want to spend some time driving that car, don`t you?

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with ACE , but hand work can be equal if not better than a pc....depending on technique and strength of arms and shoulders....also doing work by hand lets you feel the surface as it`s worked to make sure you have achieved the results on that panel before moving on. You can also do sections or panels at a time rather than a full vehicle in one day for those who do not do hand work on a regular basis...it can be tiring and you will not get the same results if you are wearing down. One other note about working by hand...try to stay between your shoulders for the most effective work...when you reach out the pressure you are applying will diminish and the results will suffer...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Should I clay the car before I start this?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a sticky issue in my book...I think claying is over done and over-rated....I prefer to polish first and then if there are areas that need claying , it should be only where it`s needed not the whole vehicle. Good polishes are meant to remove most contaminates from a finish, and it`s amazing that beautiful vehicles with smooth finishes existed before these magic clay bars....ok I`m ranting...but every detail does not need to have clay as part of the process....ok I`m done venting...

Post Thanks / Like

Black & Decker orbital bnuffer

I do have an orbital buffer,I think it is a Black&Decker.The only problem is that I only have the terry cloth type bonnets that come with it.The Porter Cable is definately on my list of things to buy.Do you know if they make other pads that I would be able to use?

Post Thanks / Like

Black & Decker orbital buffer

I do have an orbital buffer,I think it is a Black&Decker.The only problem is that I only have the terry cloth type bonnets that come with it.The Porter Cable is definately on my list of things to buy.Do you know if they make other pads that I would be able to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Give the B & D away....not worth using....if you do small sections at a time, doing it by hand will give you great results and pride in your handy work

Thread Information