Thread: favorite polish

Post Thanks / Like

favorite polish

hi guys

whats your favorite polish and or glaze you use before you wax?

Boss_429
    My favorite glaze is Meguiar`s Pro Hand Polish #81, followed by One Grand`s Omega glaze. I like them both better than #7. Meguiar`s #9, and #82 are excellent swirl removers. There are so may good abrasive polishes, it`s tough to narrow that list down. DACP is a fine one, as are the Meguiar`s "cuts". The new line of 3M products sounds excellent, and Poorboy`s products are a "must try" on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Poorboy`s Pro Polish, Vanilla Moose, and #7.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual I agree with Boss, the Omega Glaze is great. I like it when I want to use a hand applied polish. I find it superior to the Meguiar`s hand polishes.

My all time favorite hand applied glaze is 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. It doesnt remove swirls, it hides them so its good as a final glaze after all your other paint prep steps. it seems to hide imperfections in the paint better than any other hand appllied glaze or polish Ive ever tried.

When I buffing with my rotary I LOVE Meguiars Swirl Free polish. It is a swirl remover, gloss enhancing polsih that is awesome for darker colors and especially on black cars. It actually cuts the paint just so slightly to remove spider web type scratches and minor swirls from prior compounding. Its also good for a car that is in good shape and just needs a few minor flaws removed. It leaves the paint so glossy and smooth without any swirls or burns like you get from an agressive machine polish. Its my #1 machine polish and I use it everyday.

One other product I like is Meguiar`s Medallion Paint Cleaner. It not only cleans the paint but gently polishes and refines the minor scratches on paints in good condition. It leaves a slick finish perfect for waxing. I really like the stuff.

John
    Buy the new jayhawks album!

Thread Information