Post Thanks / Like

Define DETAILING

I often wonder what the word "detailing" means. You can see that allot of people are posting their cars and telling about what they did to the cars and what they used.

To me its the cleaning and protecting of every aspect of the car, inside and out.

What`s detailing to you?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    "detailing" is different from "cleaning"...
    The most obvious aspect about detailing is paying attention to the "details"! cleaning the air vents with a cotton swab, going over the engine bay, etc... all of the details. Lots of people CLEAN their cars, and good for them, but i have the feeling that there are some people out there who say they are going to detail their car over the weekend and then wash and wax it. THIS is not detailing in my opinion. I wonder if I am one of these people myself. I clean my car every weekend (weather permitting) and i always wash,polish,wax it. Do the interior, trim and tires. But some people would probably put this in another category other than detailing...
    I think if you take care of your car and are happy with the condition of it and the way it looks, thats all that matters. "detailing" is just a word". Having a beautifull car is another thing.
    The only things that touch my car are soft and wet.

Post Thanks / Like
    It means the same to me . Inside outside right side left side top and bottom that is a detail anything else is a wash and wax

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detail is a very subjective term as we all can agree. I think detail means to clean in and out and protect in and out, and I do agree that the little things make it a detail (ac vents and all the lil crevices). I will however say that for me the engine does not need to be part of it.

Marketing tip - offer a "Mini Detail" to those clients that don`t want to spend enough $$$. You can just delete some steps as appropriate. It seems to work for me.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree, detailing is cleaning in and out. it is getting all of the "details". i see signs around here advertising "detail, only $25.00, done in 20 minutes". i`m thinking just what kind of "detail" can be done in 20 minutes. this is why i`m thinking about making my slogan detailing is more than just washing a car.

i do offer an express detail because everyone deosn`t want a full detail everytime. i figure this is a good way to get repeat business. someone gets a full detail and then returns in a couple of weeks to get an express. since i just did a full job, the express should be quick and easy.

Boss_429
    Detailing: Hours and hours of hard work, followed by "rain"!

Seriously, I think the guys have said it correctly.......... paying attention to the details, after the "cleaning" has been done!

help, I'm a rock
    Post Thanks / Like
    Websters New American Dictionary.....

detail...
    1. A dealing with someting item by item. 2. To report in particulars.

Works for me lol
    "Making the streets a cleaner place to see"

Thread Information