Thread: UPP X 3 now

Post Thanks / Like

UPP X 3 now

I finished the third coat today, again with a damp applicator. This stuff speads unbelievably, easily as thin as Zaino, and more even that I thought possible. If I used more than 1/4 ounce I`ll be really surprised

I let it set up for about 5 hours (I got a bit busy with yet another of the wife`s "projects"). It removed like a dream, Some wiping with a MF and the surface was perfect. The car is so smooth and slick, it actually feels `soft.`

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

UPP vs Zaino

Don,

How does the shine compare to Zaino?

Boss_429
    Don,

I agree, it really is nice stuff to work with! I like a product that can sit for a long time and still remains easy to remove. These old bones sometimes need a rest.

NHBFAN,

Not Don, but I`m also a Zaino user so all give my opinion.......... I`m sure Don has his own take on it, and will be by to give his opinion.

Anyhow, I find the "Z" and the UPP to be somewhat similar in appearance. It`s pretty easy to see that they are both synthetics. However, the UPP does have more of a carnuaba look. It also gets "wetter" looking faster than Zaino, and has a little more "warmth" than "Z". Two coats of UPP looks as wet as 4 or 5 coats of "Z". I still think "Z" is a little more opticaly clear than UPP, but not by much.

My only concern about UPP is it`s durability. I need it during the winter months. If several coats of UPP can get me through the winter like Zaino did, I`ll be extemely happy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UPP vs Zaino

Originally posted by NHBFAN
    Don,

How does the shine compare to Zaino?
    BOSS is right on several counts...While Zaino has a `shocking` shine to it, UPP has a more subdued shine BUT the color of the car is MUCH deeper with the UPP as compared to the Zaino, it almost seems a few shades darker.

BOSS described it as "warmth," which is a pretty darn good way of putting it. Where Zaino has a very intense `outside` shine, UPP seems to give the finish an "inner glow" that really accents the color of the car.

With the UPP, while it is still very easy to apply too much (synthetics, remember, need to be applied ultra thin to work best) IMO, is easier to apply a smaller amount...maybe it`s just me, but the UPP does seem a bit more user-friendly in that regard...one person said to apply Zaino "...as if it cost $1,000 an ounce..." while that is true, it just seems that it`s easier to apply UPP in that manner than it is Zaino.

Don`t get me wrong, Zaino is an awesome product and if it were more available to me, I might use it more, but for me it comes down to cost. I can get more UPP for the same price as Zaino (much less if you add in the cost of ZFX).

The way I figured it, an 8 oz bottle of Zaino can give me about 16 coats, the 16 oz bottle of UPP (going on yesterday`s use of 1/4 oz for a coat) can give me 64 coats.

As for durability, I haven`t used UPP enough (less than a month), but even 5 coats of Z5/ZFX didn`t last halfway through an Ohio winter (a relatively mild one at that). So if the UPP is even close...and with as many coats as I am capable of putting on in the course of a summer...the UPP should work just fine.

Of course who really knows??? this time next year I could be all ga-ga over some other product...like synthetic solidified Yak milk that will protect against irate ex-girlfriends with eggs and brake fluid, but until then, I`m pretty happy with the UPP.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information