Post Thanks / Like

AIO/UPP update 2

I had a nagging suspicion that I messed something up when I applied the AIO/UPP, so I did the whole process over again today. This time I made sure I worked the AIO into the finish really well, and I used water as the lubricant instead of Eagle One. I have to say that I like the water better.

I also used just a bit more AIO than last time (it took a little over 1/2 ounce to do one GOOD coat this time). Also I had the speed at just a click or two under 5.

Next I did the UPP, again using a bit more than before, but with the speed at a lower setting, about 3.5 I didn`t rub the UPP in as much as I did before, and this time there was a clearly visible haze on the paint. While waiting for the UPP, I went nuts putting the AIO/UPP on the doorjambs, trunk drain channel, the inside of the trunklid etc.

After an hour, I used a MF to remove the hazed UPP (I also found out that UPP will smear if the surface is hot...do it in the shade )

I know I was supposed to wait 24 hrs before the second coat, but I put a light 2nd coat on about an hour after removing the 1st and let it set for another hour while I did even more AIO/UPP on other "strange and bizarre" areas like the rims, more of the underside of the trunklid etc.

When this coat was removed and all the secondaries were buffed, I was putting everything away...and it started to rain...HARD.

Well...sheeit....but the good news is that the beading is different than last time. This time the beads are very tight and uniform. Also the water is streaming off of the car.

It looks even better than the first time too, unfortunately, I wasn`t able to take any good pics.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO/UPP update 2

Originally posted by Don
    but the good news is that the beading is different than last time. This time the beads are very tight and uniform. Also the water is streaming off of the car.
    Don:
    Keep in mind that you have removed the shampoo from this procedure. I still think the questions you had about the beading after your first wash were shampoo related. Your first application was probably fine. The second application is probably even better.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW Charles sorry, but I think I am "The Rainmaker." You should see how much rain is coming down... all of the ditches on the street are now swimming pools, and I could swear I just saw an Ark go by....
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information