Post Thanks / Like

interior detailing

Hi there, my name is danny and i`ve been detailing friends cars for about 3 years now. However the only thing i`ve done for the interiors has been detailed vacuuming, dusting, vinyl cleaning, applying protectant, windows, and cleaning any crevices. I would like to know how I should go about cleaning seats (leather and cloth) like shampooing etc. and please tell me anything else you feel should be a part of a professional interior detail job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Danny,

Contiunue doing what you are doing now, but add this stuff:

1. Carpet: Hot water extraction is best, but if you don`t have an extractor you can do by hand. Spray a carpet cleaner (4 star makes a good one!) and scrub with a brush. Vacume with a wet/vac and towel dry.

2. Seats: For leather I like to use Lexol cleaner and then conditioner. There are a lot of products out there, however. For fabric, I use an extractor but you can also do by hand. Spray Upholstery cleaner on seats brush lightly and towel dry.

Make sure you do a complete blow out of the interior. Get out all the gunk between the seats and at the trim crevices. Clean it all and shine it up. Make sure the dash vents are completely free of dust and dressed. Don`t forget the rearview mirrow and the vanity mirrors on the sunvisors! These are the differences that set a good detail apart. I also like to spray a light freshner under the seats and near the heater ducts in the floor.

This site (premiumautocare.com) has everything you need. They are great.

Matt

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, yah, um, do what Wramgler said.
    (I use 303 Aerospace for vinyl dressing, it works great.)
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheCompleteLook
    Um, yah, um, do what Wramgler said.
    (I use 303 Aerospace for vinyl dressing, it works great.)
    LOL !! .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you use for the instrument panel lenses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Danny,

For leather and vinyl I use Top of the lines "Deep Clean" and I dress the leather with 4Stars Leather Conditioner as it is the best I have found to date.

I hardly ever put any dressing on vinyl or in the vents as it only attracts more dust and looks....well cheap and fake, IMHO. If I do happen to use a dressing on the vinyl I choose the one put out by Klasse.

As for carpets, try the pre-spot cleaner made for fabrics and upholstery made by "303". You can get some from the Platinum website or Top of the Line`s website. Spray some onto the area needing to be cleaned, let it dwell for a few minutes, scrub it and then spray the area down with clean water from a spray bottle. Use your wet dry vac as an extractor and a white 100% terry cloth towel to mop up any excess dampness.

Never over saturate the carpets, with either water or cleaner, especially cleaner as any left over cleaner will just attract more dirt faster.

Hope that helps,
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nebula72
    What do you use for the instrument panel lenses?
    I either use a QD or a great product called "Plexus". You can buy the Plexus from the Premium website.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an extractor for the seats , carpets , headliner , i use an interior cleaner called enviro clean but simple green works great . i offer my customers several different interior dressings some real shiny some with the natural look depending on interior color. i use a microfiber towel on the windows and they look great and windows used to be my weakness . for vents and control buttons and hard to get spots in the door jambs i use an aerosol dressing called no rub polish its made by p&s but one of the sponsors of this site offers it also i forgot which one but if i find out ill get back to you . this stuff just sprays on and looks like you spent lots of time with q tips getting dressing into these areas.also door jambs and weather stripping are really important its the first thing they see when they open the door. i powerwash the doorjambs when im washing the car .gets them real clean
    back in buisness baby

Thread Information