Post Thanks / Like

My Day with VM + S100

Today was an absolutely perfect day for detailing here in Rochester, so I took the opportunity to try the combo that everyone on DC is raving about. Happily, I can report that the raves are completely justified - this combo rocks.

I began this a few days ago when I polished out my car with DACP and a yellow Edge pad, then put down a coat of Vanilla Moose. It looked nice but I really wanted to put down that final layer of S100. I didn`t have enough time then though, so I waited a few days until today, washed it again, and started with the S100. Unlike VM, it has to go on in the shade, but other than that I was very pleased with how easy it was to apply. After about an hour in the garage I rolled the car out into the sun and was blown away. This was the best my car had ever looked.

I never fully understood the terms people used to describe their finishes before, but once I saw this combo in person the word "wet" immediately came to mind. It was incredibly slick to the touch and it looked just the way it felt, slippery. I was blown away.

After sufficiently admiring the finish in the midday sun, I dressed the tires in a hurry and ran to get my camera before the weather decided to take a turn for the worse, as it often does here. I went kind of picture crazy but I got in all the shots I wanted before I had to go school.

After completing my obligatory ONE class at school (I`m a Senior and my schedule isn`t too full ) I went out to the parking lot with a friend to show him my car. He was pretty impressed and agreed that it looked "at it`s peak". There was a huge line of cars waiting to get out of the parking lot and while we were standing in front of my car, a kid in the passenger seat of one of cars stuck in traffic asked me, "Is that your car?" I told him it was, and he asked "But is it your car?" apparently thinking that it might have belonged to my parents like a lot of kids in highschool. I reaffirmed that it was in fact mine and he gave me a thumbs up and said "Looks nice." I thanked him and walked away, quite pleased with myself. After I got home I grabbed the camera again and went on a little tour of a local park, stopping at scenic spots to take pictures along the way. I couldn`t get enough shots on a day like this, everything was perfect, sunny but an occasional cloud to let me get a nice picture.

In conclusion: VM+S100 = GOOD.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive been wanting to try this combo out for a while now.

i sent my moose wax back to clearkote in exchange for carnuba wax over a month ago and they havent sent me my carnuba wax, answered my phone calls, or responded to my emails. I think they went out of business.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are right, it looks really wet. I need to get me some VM!
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great man....awesome job

It looks very wet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good?

Which local park did you go to take pictures? I had pictures taken at Webster park the other day.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Mendon Ponds. Its closest to me (I live in Henrietta) and I`m familiar with it, so I knew there would be some good photo places. There is a little pull-off in front of one of the ponds for fishing, where I took the last picture. Its brings you right to the water`s edge so it was perfect, the only bad part was that my tires got a nice coat of dust that is evident in the picture. There were also a father and son fishing there so I tried to be brief, I didn`t want to intrude with my picture taking. I would have adjusted the car and gotten some better shots otherwise. Do you know of any other good spots for photos in Rochester? Better yet, does anyone know of some good generic places for taking pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nickis,
    I thought the picture was taken in Mendon Ponds.

Generic places,
    Parks
    Parking lots
    Parking Garages
    Industrial Area
    In front of nice looking office buildings
    Near Bridges

Around Rochester:
    High Falls
    Most of the parks have some nice spots.
    In Front of War Memorial (Blue Cross Arena).

One thing with taking pictures, now days, is security.

I will think about places to takes a little more.
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Thread Information