it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Unusal observation w/ VM+EX-P

I got my cousin the 1-2 Knock Out Kit from SMP, which consists of Vanilla Moose, EX-P and some microfibers recently. So we washed his green explorer, then did a coat of Vanilla Moose and finished it with EX-P. Both were done by hand, and we waited 30 mins. before removing the EX-P. Well today I was at his house and he said there was wax appearing in random spots on his truck. Sure enough when I go out to look at it, there are very small spots of unbuffed wax in random spots. Now when we removed the product it was getting dark, but he examined the truck the day after and I`m sure he would have noticed some of the spots we saw today. Its as if this wax just appeared. Has anyone else experienced this with VM or EX-P. I`ve used VM various times and never had a problem. I know this sounds funny but I really think its his truck. I remember back in March I used Tropi-Care on my truck and his truck(same day) and he was getting the same unbuffed wax residue appearing in random spots. I got none. I do remember reading on Tropi-Care`s instructions how to remove wax that stained trim, so I though that had something to do with it. Now seeing the same thing happen to his truck after VM/EX-P, really gets me wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a little more inclined to believe that you simply missed a few spots when buffing the wax off than to believe that it randomly appeared on the car. Sometimes in certain light you can`t see that the wax is even there, especially with synthetics like EX-P. I wouldn`t worry, I`m sure its fine.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen this myself without the VM ...EX-P is very hard to see sometimes since it is very clear and also dries very clear... as the above post mentions and especially on light colors....you also mentioned it was getting dark and that was exactly the same pattern of a few people who had noticed it...after more carefully wiping the entire vehicle down with a fresh clean mf...it never happened again(to the same vehicle)
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know, I noticed the same thing on my car yesterday. It had been two weeks since I first applied EX-P after SFP, and I noticed random spots. They appeared to go in the direction that I would have applied EX-P in. Some on the passenger door, some on the trunk, a couple on the right rear quarter panel... Since it had been two weeks, and I had used Meg`s Final Detail a day or two after the EX-P, I assumed it wasn`t places that I had missed. I suppose it could have been, and the lighting just wasn`t right to see them -- it was fairly cloud free and bright yesterday, while we`ve been pounded with rain storms the past couple weeks.

Washed today and the spots came right off

Oh, good to see that I`m not :crazy

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s SMP? Do they have a website?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,
    Here it is.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/

I have bought things through them and have been very satisfied. VM is a great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly same situation for me. Now per Steve`s instructions, I wipe it down an hour or so after the initial application. Amazing stuff.
    Street Rod Pictures @ www.blakec.smugmug.com

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by fireman03
    Yes,
    Here it is.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/

I have bought things through them and have been very satisfied. VM is a great product.
    Agreed vm is great even on my white car, will always be in my arsenal
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Thread Information