Thread: Mytee 8007

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Mytee 8007

My Mytee 8007 died on friday in the middle of a 2002 S500. Luckily I was 10 miles from home and was able to finish the job with my Mytee Tempo. I neded heat for some of the jobs I will be taking on this week !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

So...

Called my supplier and picked this Durrmaid up for $535 + tax in NJ. But the Durrmaid was up to the challege of a 2001 Grand Cherokee on Sunday.

I will write up a review of my first experience with the Durrmaid tonight.
    Last edited by Clean Dean; 06-07-2004 at 05:49 PM.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful weather...

No details scheduled for today so...

SG`d and EX`d my van...
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job on the truck. I noticed your system of storing supplies in your van . How does that work for you ? Do you have a pressure washing system or generator? I`m trying to get some ideas on setting up a mobile unit . TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Generator and Pressure washer...

Honda 3000i generator is incredible !!! But very expensive . I am outfitting a second rig with a Yamaha 2800i. Not as quiet but lighter and much less $$$

The Karcher 2500 psi has performed without fail since last season.

The wheeled carts are from www.northerntool.com. It is their own cart and sells for $59.99 each. One cart is exterior (buffer,pc, MF towerls polishes, compound, and sealants/waxes). and the other interior. Real time savers !!! Everything you need at arms reach at all times !!! The interior cart has a compressor and wet/dry vac together on lower shelf, and the top shelf has varies brushes, cleaners, dressing, surgical towels and MF towels.. Works real well for me !!! REAL TIME SAVER !!!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics. After looking at the other pic I see the carts your talking about and the air compresser. Looks like a Husky Compresser is it ? I saw them at HD and was thinking about getting one, they were of sale last week, the price wasn`t bad either . Knowing what you know now would you go with a bigger van or truck ?

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like
    Husky compressor is well worth the price !!! As for the van I would have got a E250 rather than a E150. The suspension is a bit pushed with a full water tank. The inside is a bit tight, but I think a van is ideal for mobile detailing.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love SG topped with EX! Van looks really nice.

I have read that the durrmaid will not heat the water. I think I read it on autopia, they said that the water only got warm. Have you tried it at all? I almost bid on one on EBAY until reading the review on autopia. Can`t wait to hear your review!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I cant wait either I heard that people had alot of Horror stories with them I also looked into one but after reading back down. Anyways cant wait to see the Jeep Interior done.

Is the Mytee going to get fixed. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like

Durrmaid vs. Mytee

The Durrmaid is very lightweight, small and easily manuverable around the vehicle (easy rolling wheels). The heating element must be turned on for about 8-12 minutes prior to extraction. The heating element is turned off during extraction (unlike the 8007) and there obviously is a chance of the water cooling off if too much time is taken during extraction.

I believe that the 8007 overall is a better machine, both have 2-stage motors and I believe the amount of lift is similar on both machine. The 8007 has a 100 psi pump and the durrmaid has a 60 psi pump. The only advantage of the Durrmaid is its size and manuverability around a vehicle. As for my experience this Sunday...

I filled the water tank to the top, which is required for the heating element to be engaged. I cleaned the Grand Cherokees windows while awaiting for the water to heat up. After approximately (10-12 minutes) I switched off the heating element and engaged the pump and vacuum then extracted the carpets and mats that were pre-spotted with an all-purpose cleaner. The first minute of extraction was a bit disappointing as luke warm water was being pumped into the carpet. I also read the thread on Autopia that EBPcivicsi referred to and I thought to myself that maybe I wasted my hard earned $$$ on this machine. The extractor was immediately sucking up the water effectively, and I noticed the water started to get hot. And it was really hot !!! I did the entire Grand Cherokee with hot water, and the reclaim tank demonstrated the abilities of this machine as I dumped about 1 and 1/4 gallons of dark brown water. I will be detailing 2 cars tomorrow, and I will take some pics of the results I acheive with this machine. As of my impression after (1) vehicle, I think the machine performed as expected, and I hope that it is as durable as a $500+ machine should be.

Fr0zen: The 8007 will absolutely be resurrected !!! The durrmaid is small enough to have on hand as a back-up at all times.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

the van

Hey CD,
    The van is lookin pretty sweet!!!!
    I must say it looks better then both my vehicles.
    Keep up the good work and I look forward to the pics of the DurrMaid results.
    I was actually looking at one of those machines for my side work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant believe you didnt take any pictures of the Grand Cherokee.. Glad to see you had good luck with the Durrmaid.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    hey clean dean, i would really appreciat it if you can give me some info on the mytee light. I am goin mobil full tiem next summer and want a good extractor. Can you tell me how the mytee light compars to the better mytee models like the hp 100 and 60? Tell em all the info yiou can thanx man

Post Thanks / Like

FiveOhMustang

The Mytee 8007 is best suited for the mobile detailer because of its manuverability due to its smaller size and weight. I believe that the HP 60 and the HP 100 have 3 stage vacs as opposed to the 2 stage vac that the 8007 has, therefore they will have more lift (stronger suction). Their fresh water and reclaim tanks are larger and will need refilling less often.

I due not use a extraction solution in my extractors, however I pre-spot stained areas with a all-purpose cleaner and a stiff bristol brush prior to extracting.

Be sure to clean out the reclaim tank after each use. If you do not you will quickly find out why !!!

BTW... I never tried the 60 or the 100 ... Agent Phonar can you help us out on the differences ????

Check out Detailking`s descriptions of these extractors...

http://detailking.goemerchant7.com/i...ExpandedDepts=
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

no expert but

Heres what I do know.
    The HP100 and the HP60 both have the 3 stage motor.
    The 8007 has a 2 stage motor.
    The HP100 and HP60 both have 137"of lift where the 8007 has 107" of lift. I guess cause of the bigger motor in the HP twins.
    All three models are 100 PSI.
    The HP twins both have 1200 watt heaters that heat the water/solution to 210 degrees.
    The 8007 has a 1000 watt heater but I`m not sure what temp it gets up to.
    The biggest difference (other then the price) is the recovery tanks.
    The HP 100 has two 11 gallon tanks and the HP 60 has two 6 gallon tanks.
    The 8007 has two 3 gallon tanks (i believe)
    If your mobile here is what is gonna make the biggest difference.
    I have the HP100 and its HUGE!!
    I have never seen the HP 60 but I`m sure its not small.
    The HP 60 which is the smaller of the HP twins is 78 lbs and the 8007 is 56 lbs. That is a whole 28 lbs difference. Im not sure what the HP 100 weighs but its gotta be more then the other two. If I was mobile I would take the 8007 just for the weight difference and those weights are empty I do believe.
    Either way I`m sure they are both great machines.
    The design on the 8007 is made more for mobile any way. It has bigger wheels on the back so if you had to tilt it back on two wheels to roll it to the other side of th car no problem. The HP twins both have small wheels that on a bad pavement or driveway are gonna get stuck on every small stone or bump. Even with Clean Deans brute strength your not gonna want to lug the HP twins around with alot of water in the tanks.
    I`m no expert and maybe others can give some better input.
    Hope this helps somewhat.
    :beer

Thread Information