Thread: First Bike Club

Post Thanks / Like

First Bike Club

I addressed my first bike club last night, I was reluctant to go, but the guy said it was a friendly famliy based group with everything from rice rockets to harleys. It was allot of fun, I was allowed about 20 minutes, so I broke it up into 3 sub headings. One, intro, who iam and what I do. Two, a few minutes on defining terms *(waxes, polish, sealants, compounds) and last towels, with the main focus on MF towels. (which I happened to have with me a case of) As it turns out, and I suspected, 4 people out of 70 knew what MF was. I always bring a tech/data sheet with me to back up what I`m talking about. I forgot to mention that I walked the parking lot before the meeting to look at the bikes. I picked the dirtiest one, and said" will the owner of the white Harley with the bullet holes in the fendar please raise his hand" you sir, get a free bike wash, on me. The crowd went nuts, I guess he never keeps his bike clean. In the end, it was a good night. Both for selling, and promoting. GARY
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you book any jobs? Did you make some money selling the micro fibers?

I have planned to sponsor some cruise nights in the area. I own two classic cars and love them. Every cruise night has a raffle sometime during the cruise. I would donate all kinds of goodies if the cruise promoters push me and my biz. I am going to do the same with car shows.

There is a group that wont let anybody touch their "baby" but I want the older group of fellas that pay to get everything done such as engine building, paint, so on........ Remember they also have a regular cars (and RVs) at home and family and friends that drive.

My first step is I bought a web-address. I will dedicate a site to the local cruise nights and car shows. Most don`t have web site of their own. They can get a few pages on my site to promote, advertise and inform the cruise night participants for free in exchange for promoting me a their shows. Of course I will have a home page they need to get through with "SUPERIOR SHINE" all over it. The web site will be a place the local guys will come to to get current information on the latest shows and events that are classic car related. It will be like a hot rod magazine for the locals. I even my have other car related services on there as well as a message board similar to this one.

It isnt up yet but the address is www.nutbone.com

Tell me that not rememberable! There is too many classic this and classic that .com . I wanted something that when you heard it you knew who it was.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    S Shine, yes to both of your questions. I attended a combo event a few weeks ago, classic car show and bike wash. They had girls in bikini`s washing bikes, and I set up a booth with my products and services. Cruiser nights can be a fun, and profitable thing to attend. Most of the time, it is held on a public area, so you can set up a tent, table , with signs and talk about detailing while selling your line. Most people love to ask questions, and when you listen and give them answers, they remember.
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Thread Information