Thread: carpet problems

Post Thanks / Like

carpet problems

Hand a hummer yesterday,(please no jokes) owner had spilled milk in it days before, so he put carpet power down for the smell. it had this white power everywhere, all the cracks, all the capret, seats, console, I mean a diaster. I vaccumed first. (it didn`t pick up all the power either ) I sprayed my cleaner, scrubbed and use my extractor to suck. at first it looked like is was coming clean, but when I went back to see how the first area was drying, ALL THE WHITE RESIDUE WAS COMING BACK! GEE, WHAT IS THIS STUFF. I mean its only carpet oder power, I literally spent hours on that floor, everytime the white stuff came back. I told the guy to bring back the car tomorrow (which is today) , I would not charge him anymore, becuase now I`m more determined to fix this problem. I heed some help guys, this one is killing me. a friend of mine who owns a cleaning business, says I might need water temp of 180* to break this stuff down, feedback before I go N-U-T-Z!!!!!
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m so worked up over this one I can`t even spell/
    "Hand a hummer" can you say" HAD a ----------
    turbomangt

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    man souds ruff. Only thing i can suggest is try other products. I`d also recomend trying something like vinager. if ti`s a backing soda type product that might work. but be carefull because i don`t know if that would stain the carpet.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Charge more!

This guy messed his own carpet up, you should charge more. It`s not your lack of effort or time that kept the carpet from being clean - it`s his own stupid fault. If you let him get anway with this other clients WILL expect the same. Remember how word travels from mouth to mouth.
    I`m not saying you need to rip him off, but a sur-charge is definitely in order.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, sorry to hear about your problems with that Hummer. It does sound like a nightmare!!!!!

Have you tried Meg`s APC+? That stuff is pretty darn strong.

Hey Dwayne or Rick....you guys got any ideas on this one? After all, you guys are mad scientists (chemists) right? LOL.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

help, I'm a rock
    Post Thanks / Like
    T.M.,
    If you haven`t already, try a carpet foam like Woolite. The foam is designed to get under the dirt (or in this case powder) and lift it to the top of the carpet to be vaccumed. don`t aggitate (or at least I personally would`nt) let the foam dry almost all the way and see if it brings it up.
    "Making the streets a cleaner place to see"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Turbo,

It sounds as though you need the power of an upright vacuum cleaner with a "beater" bar on the bottom that beats the carpet which causes the particles to loosen from the carpets and in turn they get sucked up more easily.

It is tough though getting an upright into the confined space of a car interior BUT there is hope. If you have an air compressor then crank that baby up and literally blow the powder granules out. The carpet needs to be dry for this method to work correctly. You can even use a leaf blower, as I have done in the past.

Hope that helps ya out.
    Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all> I didn`t get to read the posts before I started on the car again. I cleaned with an extractor and used a product called "all rinse" to neutralize the powder. It looked better, but after a few hours the dust was still coming to the surface.(not as bad though) I told the owner he will have to continue to vacuum as the dust comes up through the bottom of the carpet. I wish I had a digital to show you what he did to this thing. Jobs like this take all the fun out of it> next time go to Turtle Wax, I`ll pass.
    turbomangt

wayne
    Turbo,
    Just an idea. when we spoke on the phone about the problem, I was suggesting a brush that fits on your PC. I realize you did not have time to "order" one and finish the job, however, for future uses...,
    Dwayne sells a "brush" for the PC. It "vibrates" or R.O.`s as it is called
    It will keep bringing the stuff from the bottom of the carpet to the top.
    There is a problem with the brush though...,
    When I first tried mine, it "broke" in less than 5 minutes.
    My recommendation for "before use" is to remove the screw insert and reinstall useing "gorilla glue", it is waterproof once dried and holds really good. Mine came out, cracked the wood and I had it repaired..., but what a pain in the middle of a job!
    Luckily, I have a friend that is a cabinet maker
    Anyhow, when you need to bring stuff from the bottom of the carpet to the top..., it works great..., just make sure to have the screw insert "glued in first"

So..., what finally worked?
    Did you find a neutralizer? any of the chemicals we spoke about work?
    Just curiuos in case I ever run into something like that...

Thread Information