Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m finally going to do it...

No more cheap free web hosting for me. I`m going to register my business domain name and build one right. My eBook is nearly finished and I need a place to host that anyway. Now my quetion is... Where do I go for good web hosting? I know I can buy a domain name just about anywhere, but good webhosting is hard to find. Any suggestions? I`m just going to need a little space to host the eBook and then a few pages to put price sheets and customer galleries and that kind of stuff. I think this will be much more effective than trying to fit my services on a business card. Now I can just put my web address on it and they can get way more information.

I looked up www.ocdetailing.com and it was bought a little more than a year ago. Dangit... I guess I can go with a .net or .biz or something... Any ideas what would be best? The site will be educational as well as for my business. Its too bad I couldn`t have 4 letter extentions. .suds would be cool. lol
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey. I used to design web sites all the time. The best host I found for the money was hostmysite.com
    Super fast and cheap. Great extensions and all the frills you could want. And you can add an extension such as www.ocdetailing_suds.com. I`m gonna do my site in the winter when things slow down a bit, but I will definately use hostmysite.com. Great people.
    I love the smell of EX-P in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey, thanks for the advice! I was also thinking about www.myocdetailing.com or something. I`ll figure it out. I appreciate the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try www.1and1.com that is where my site is hosted. No pop-ups, free site creator with 100+ templates, free software, chat, newsletter tools, and tons of other stuff. their hosting fees range from 4.99 and up and domain name registration is only like 5.99. And they have great customer service. that is where my site is through

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not going to get into a hockey argument here. That`s not the point of the thread.

Well, I did some more research and went with 1and1.com. www.ocdetails.com is coming soon. The package just included more of what I need as a beginner I feel. I can`t wait to start developing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Eric... Is that a template you used for your site? Or is that something you put together by yourself or had someone else do? I like it. My stuff is being set up right now and I can`t wait to cruise through the templates and get working on my site.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Webpage

Originally posted by elortt
    Try www.1and1.com that is where my site is hosted. No pop-ups, free site creator with 100+ templates, free software, chat, newsletter tools, and tons of other stuff. their hosting fees range from 4.99 and up and domain name registration is only like 5.99. And they have great customer service. that is where my site is through

Eric
    Hey Eric,

That`s a really nice page you have. It looks very professional, especially with the flash intro and the layout. Just wondering, but did you do it yourself or pay someone? If you did it, did you use a template or what? Please let me know. It looks really good, and I`d love to have a sight that presents a professional image as yours does.

Aric

Post Thanks / Like
    actually I tried to do my own site with frontpage and it was really rough. I also was using "The Hosting Group" which has to have the worst customer service ever :angry My current site was done with all their templates and software. The flash page was also included as is the chat room and other forms. you can also set up a small online forum as well. Nothing as elaborate as DC but it still gives you the options. The only thing was the user menu took some getting used to, but now I can fly right through it.

Eric

jngr, schweet......cant wait to see your site

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got Dreamweaver as well as Frontpage, but I like Dreamweaver better I think. I`m not very good at Flash, but its something that I`ve been meaning to learn better for awhile now. Right now I`m just working on my "Coming Soon" page just so I can populate the space. I`m really excited about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have dreamweaver also, and fireworks, and I have the whole photoshop CS with Go Live, i just do not know how to use it all :lol I also have frontpage but just did not like the results :dunno

Eric

Thread Information