Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best produsts

Post Thanks / Like

best produsts

I`m gettting ready to launch my own mobile business but I must admit that I still have an awful lot to learn. You`ll probably be hearing from me a lot in the future. What I`m interested in learning right now is what the absolutely best products on the market for exterior detailing are. I`m not worried about price right now- I just want to totally amaze my first customers!

-Best wax for dark colors, best wax for light colors
    -Best polishing compound/swirl and scratch remover
    -Best clay bar
    -Best wheel cleaner
    -Best chrome polish

By the way please don`t use abbreveations for products-chances are I wont know what you`re talking about

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jason rawls; 05-07-2004 at 07:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll get about 100 different answers - most of it is trial and error and what works best for you -

Clean Dean uses Meguiars,seems like Anthony uses Mezzerna (sp?), Nick uses all sorts of products (as far as I can tell )...(PS NICK where are you????)...

You really need to experiment what combos and what products work best for you -

As far as lines go - I would recommend

Poorboy`s
    4 Star (Platinum and regular line)
    Top of the line
    Meguiars
    Mezzerna (again I think I am butchering the spelling of this ).h
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont think it matters whats best, proper prep is whats going to make your detail come out bad ass. its not what you use its how you use it. whether it be poorboys, menzerna meguiars or NU finish

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that the Pinnacle products are quite expensive but I`ve heard that the carnauba wax is the bomb. Is it worth the money or all hype? What about P21S also?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3:5

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S- Otherwise known as S100, it is a good durable easy to use and very nice appearing wax. All around good stuff!

Pinnacle Souveran is amazing. But like all high class waxes, its a personal perspective. You will have to look on the web at pictures and opinions to decide. There is no BEST wax. If there was noone would be here.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Consider this: Some of the `best` products might not be best for a volume mobile operation.
    Consider ease of application, buying in bulk, durabilty, and cost. Also, what are the customer expectations? Soccer moms want clean interiors, but maybe not the Klasse Twins and a carnauba topper...

Enthusiast brands may not be the only choice for the pro detailer. Consider ValuGard, Malco, AutoMagic and others. There are lots of `tools` available to you

Welcome to the City! Just keep reading...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    mobile detailing is volume so consider buying in bulk off automagic or meguiars detailer unless your charging high prices and your detailing 100 thousand dollar cars and suvs. Those high end products are just best for your cars. I found out i would lose money when i was buying expensive 3m products. just my opinion!

Proud Resident Of Detail City
    Post Thanks / Like
    All good answers. A combination of products is probably best. I have been detailing since I was 16, Im 24 now, and I still try and find superior products. If you use some type of professional line, chances are your results will be good. Hi- Temp makes good professional products, and they are a very good value.

Brad

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The following products that I`ve tried that back up all their hype:

Pinnacle
    Wolfgang
    Detailer`s Pride
    P21S, S100
    Poorboys

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll eventually need to know the abbreviations. You can find a list of those somewhere on this site. It may also pay off to take some time and read through a lot of posts since your question comes up a lot.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice guys! Since I`m just starting my mobile business I think I`m going to use top of the line products such as Pinnacle or P21s products until I`m pretty steady. Then I`ll start buying other brands such as Auto Magic when I can buy them in bulk and cut down on my costs. Right now I`m just looking to jumpstart my business so I`m willing to spend a little extra money for right now.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jason rawls
    Thanks for the advice guys! Since I`m just starting my mobile business I think I`m going to use top of the line products such as Pinnacle or P21s products until I`m pretty steady. Then I`ll start buying other brands such as Auto Magic when I can buy them in bulk and cut down on my costs. Right now I`m just looking to jumpstart my business so I`m willing to spend a little extra money for right now.
    Bad choice.

You are doing this backwards unless of course you already have weeks of work booked up. Why pay $40 for a paste wax when you are not getting high-end car owners willing to pay $300 to have thier cars detailed?

You can`t go wrong with the Automagic line and they can be purchased from local distributors. The failure of a business is mainly due to a lack of capitol. Money to keep you afloat during your first months of start up.

I highly suggest you save your money and buy in bulk.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jason

I agree with AO.
    If you try out some of Auto Magic`s products I think you`ll like them. I use them alot and always get great results. Start out small and work your way up. After you get going and start making money there is always time for more products here and there. Good luck in your mission. Once you get going post some pics and tell us about the products you tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do. I`m waiting for my products to arrive in the mail (mainly Meguiars stuff). I`m still working out all the kinks before I start my business. Since I`m new to the proffessional detailing industry I`m going to practice using these products and my PC on my family and friends cars until I`m very comfortable with them. Then once I hve everything in line I`ll start doing some advertising. Anyway, thanks for all the advice - I need all of it I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys is an excellent choice for being mobile. YOU can use it in the sun!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information