Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-06-2010

Default Carnauba Wax Question

Greetings everyone fm Singapore!

As u guys probably know tat here in Singapore our sunny weather here can go up to 35degrees centigrade(80's where u are) during the day, my question is how does the Pure Carnauba wax hold up? Will it melt or does yr formula prevent it fm melting? Though difficult to find yr products in my part of the world, I recently managed to purchase a bunch of them. I must comment that they are indeed of very high quality n user friendly! Thanks in advance for all yr kind inputs!
Old 05-06-2010
Administrator

Default Re: Carnauba Wax Question

Welcome to Wax Forum!

All of our waxes will certainly hold up to your climate -- your choice is a matter of preference, procedure and price.
Old 05-07-2010

Thanks for yr quick reply admin.

As I have mentioned earlier Mothers products are kind of difficult to find around here n I only managed to get my hands on the cleaner wax, pure carnauba wax, syn wax, leather cleaner n conditioner n e protectant. i was unable to get the sealer n glaze. What would u recommend i do to protect my car's finish well? I dont see any clay bar products as well... I just wished i can the full range here.
Old 05-07-2010

35C is in the mid to high 90's and is around the daily maximum for nearly 2 months of the year here where I live in Australia.

I have been using the Pure Carnauba, both the liquid and Paste, for more than four years now on a dark coloured car, that, even when parked in the hot Sun, has never even looked like getting close to melting.

Perhaps if you opened the can of Paste and left it in the hot Sun, then the wax might warm, and go soft, but applied correctly to the paint, and then removed, the nature of the product is that once applied, it provides the very thinnest of hard shells, which protects the paint or clear coat.

Tony.

"Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were."------Neil Young.
Old 05-07-2010
Administrator

One thing to note: If you are applying in the hot sun, as opposed to the shade of a garage, try the FX SynWax -- very easy to apply and remove in sun or shade.
Old 05-07-2010

Thank you for yr kind replies.

I remember reading that the melting point of carnauba was about 85 degrees which raised my concern about it melting when car is parked in the sun.
Where i live my car is parked in the open 24/7 subject to rain n sun. I try to wash n wax my car early morning where i have some shade.

Admin, am i correct to say that Synwax can be applied though i am in the sun?
Thats a huge bonus if i can do that! Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey View Post
Thank you for yr kind replies.

I remember reading that the melting point of carnauba was about 85 degrees which raised my concern about it melting when car is parked in the sun.
Where i live my car is parked in the open 24/7 subject to rain n sun. I try to wash n wax my car early morning where i have some shade.

Admin, am i correct to say that Synwax can be applied though i am in the sun?
Thats a huge bonus if i can do that! Thanks for the tip!

From what I can tell from a quick glance at a world map, Carnauba palms originate in a similar (if not more tropical) climate in South America as that in which you live in Singapore. IMHO, concerns about it "melting" do not need to be part of your thought process in any way.
Closed Thread