Post Thanks / Like

Calculating Prices....

I need to calculate prices for mobile detailing. I know it needs to contain the usual:
    supply cost, overhead, insurance, vehicle needs, repayment on trailer loan, etc.
    I basically need to know how long the following jobs should take, time wise based on being a beginner, on a medium sized sedan.

1. basic wash/wax. (1/2 hour - 45 min?)
    2. interior detailing only. (1 - 1/2 hours?)
    3. exterior detailing only. (1 - 1/2 hours?)
    4. both interior and exterior detailing. (3 - 4 hours?)
    5. everything you could possibly need. (ALL DAY?)

my guesses are in "()"

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy.....29 views and not one person has a comment? Are my times pretty close.....hello, is this thing on?.....hello

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

responses

Originally posted by TMiller
    Boy.....29 views and not one person has a comment? Are my times pretty close.....hello, is this thing on?.....hello
    If want to get responses here, just drop the words UPP or Platinum in your post a couple of times (ooh, that was nasty) - Just kidding.

Your times look reasonable, but I would consider them a best case scenario. You could easily double them for really dirty vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for replying.

I agree with extended time for more dirty vehicles, I guess these times are good for return customers once the vehicle had it`s first "make-over".

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calculating Prices....

Originally posted by TMiller
    I need to calculate prices for mobile detailing. I know it needs to contain the usual:
    supply cost, overhead, insurance, vehicle needs, repayment on trailer loan, etc.
    I basically need to know how long the following jobs should take, time wise based on being a beginner, on a medium sized sedan.

1. basic wash/wax. (1/2 hour - 45 min?)
    2. interior detailing only. (1 - 1/2 hours?)
    3. exterior detailing only. (1 - 1/2 hours?)
    4. both interior and exterior detailing. (3 - 4 hours?)
    5. everything you could possibly need. (ALL DAY?)

my guesses are in "()"
    Just so you don`t think you are being ignored. Your times are fairly close for a professional, except, as Biff says, for the extreme that you will sometimes encounter.
    Since I just take care of my own vehicles, my times are of no real value to a real detailer. Here are my estimates for me, though.
    1. basic wash/wax. (At least an hour, that includes cleaning, but not dressing, the tires, wheels, wheelwells, engine compartment, painted trunk area, door sills, door edges, windows.)
    2. interior detailing only. (1/2 hours, vacuum, clean dash and door panels, treat vinyl areas with 303) My interior never really gets dirty. Once a month, I spend about 30 minutes cleaning and treating the leather seats. Only when needed do I spend another 45 minutes to shampoo carpets and floor mats.
    3. exterior detailing only. (Polish and wax 1 hours, add 1 hour drying time if I use UPP. Annual swirl removal probably adds about 30 minutes.)
    4. both interior and exterior detailing. (Normal cleanup including wash, vacuum, add a coat of wax, 2 hours. Again add 1 hour drying time for UPP.)
    5. everything you could possibly need. (Several Days :p)

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I`m judging my times on how long it takes me to do the wife`s van from all the kids...I feel like I do it every week....trash, candy, m&m`s in the seat seams, mud, sand from the baseball field....you name it, my kids get can get it stuck in there somewhere.:angry

Thread Information