Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s numbers

Just curious if there was anywhere that correlated the Meguiar`s pro stuff to the consumer stuff. A couple of years ago, I was into the Meg`s 3 step (clear coat body scrub, polish, wax). What do these translate to in the pro stuff, i.e. is the body scrub the same as Meg`s #7 (or whatever)? And is there really a difference, or is it just packaging?

Thanks,
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Rockford, the burgundy 3-step process is an amateur process compared to using the Mirror Glaze products. One thing about the 3-step it isn`t bad and is better just putting on one cheapo wax. But you will see the difference if you step up to the profesional products. I would recommend Medallion Paint Cleaner, #7 Show Car Glaze, #26 Hi-Tech Wax. Although I and others will recommend replacing the #26 with S100 (available at Harley dealers). You should be able to find these products locally.

Boss_429
    rockford33,

I`ve used the exact same products Thomasfl`s recommended before and they work great. If you have some minor swirls, after the paint cleaner, you could go with some Meguiars #9 before the #7.

If you liked the Deep Crystal System, you`ll love the professional series!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a few cansof other stuff in my arsenal. Some Liquid Glass, Mother`s Cleaner Wax (for doing the parent`s cars, girlfriend, sister`s, etc.), Show Car glaze, 3M Finesse It Fine Cut. Plus Vinylex for the interior, and various other bottles of stuff. I wish it wold stop raining long enough for me to wash a car. Been this way for the past two months. Every time I have free time, it rains. Anyway, on my weekend driver, I usually use Meg`s polish, then Show Car glaze, then Liquid Glass. I was thinking of switching something as I am almost out of the Liquid Glass. Maybe I`ll try #26. Just got my new PC 7424 also and ordered a couple of pads, so I am ready to play!! Unfortunately, rain is forecasted throughout the 3 day weeekend!!

Thanks,
    Neil

Boss_429
    rockford33,

Just a little FYI for ya. The Liguid Glass does contain some cleaners, so you may be removing some of the oils (and gloss) from the #7 when you apply it.

If your looking for something that you can get locally, the #26 will be a nice choice, but will look different than the Liquid Glass. If there is a Harley bike shop in your area, you might want to try and pick up some S100 wax (in the jar, not tube). The S100/P21S carnauba wax is arguably one of the best looking carnauba waxes in the world!

Hope it stops raining for ya.............. and me too!

Thread Information