Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your pics sure ought to sell some doubters about whether the PC is a good buy. Nice work. Seems to me you went a couple extra time consuming steps. I`d not top EX-P. The swirls and water spots were gone by then and the shine was there with sealant protection. The other two steps after the EX-P had to take an hour...maybe two hours. Just a thought...don`t mean to be critical.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t do any interior. I told him for that price...It was paint only. True, I didn`t have to top it with wax..but I was waiting on hime to pick it up and as I was admiring it...I thought I would add a coat of S100 for the heck of it. He was real happy with it. Bad thing is...I drove it to blow some dust off it and it made me want to get back into a full size truck. That $80 may have cost me 30K. :lol

BTW....I did use PC for everything...except for the places I couldn`t reach...

Also, What do you folks do for getting in the painted surfaces in the openings of emblems?

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brian,

Great job! Nice work! For what you did, I would have charged $125 to $150. Forget the $80 to $100.

For the opening of emblems, you can use a q-tip (cotton swab) to get around the painted surfaces.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work indeed. With the pricing you agreed with the owner, i beleive you are selling yourself short in the long run b/c the quality/time and labor are worth significantely more than $80 in my opinion.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brian,

We`ve all got to start somewhere. I`m still slow, but I guess that`s just me :dunno
    I enjoy taking my time, and I don`t want to sacrifice my quality.

But now you know---results like that deserve more $$

Great job on your first PC job!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!. i just realized, you live in hawaii. just a question, do you tend to do all of youre work inside the garage, being that it gets really hot during the afternoon, and you can literally feel the wax burninng onto the paint. oh, and what parts of hawaii do you cover? maybe you can do my mom`s car (which ive tried to polish..)
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    zesty-man,

Do you own a PC (Porter Cable) Random Orbital Polisher? Or are you polishing by hand? It is possible but only a few elite members I know can do it by hand and have it come out really nice.

I would suggest if you don`t own a PC to possibly invest in one and purchase a few pads. And get a product for swirl remover. In really no time, you can produce really good results. You can fix about 95% of paint imperfections with a PC. A rotary is good and quick and can tackle pretty much anything a PC but it does require practice. A PC is more forgiving then a rotary.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, were turning HIS thread into my own... anyways, yea, i do own a PC, and i got a few pads from premiumautocare... cya around, maybe tomorrow hopefully

speaking of which, runnerbl, did you happen to use microfiber towels from pakshak? just out of curiosity.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work. $80 at 5hr=$16 dollars and hr minus materials. Shame on you! You are worth more. with the quality of work you are doing and the difficulty of a big truck, DONT SELL YOUSELF SHORT! You will only look like a shmuk in the long run when you start raising prices. Charge what you are worth from the beginning. Again, you do very fine work and deserve more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information