Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NXT cloudy?

Post Thanks / Like

NXT cloudy?

Anyone experience NXT clouding?

When I applied it to my red truck it looked cloudy if you got real close to it, but when you stepped a foot back it was very reflective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my experience with nxt I`m no expert. I did a red and gold Chevy S-10 I washed clayed then I applied poorboys P w/c it shined great very reflective. When I added nxt it made the paint darker and had a wet look to it, up close it looked sort of wet but not cloudy farther back it did look good. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    The secret with NXT is to apply it very thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rats!!! Already lost the pretty green and purple foam applicator.

Guess I`ll have to go with a yellow Meg`s applicator for now on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Larry A thinner coats are the way to go. I still have a lot to learn but, the meg`s yellow foam pad should work fine.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far, I have only applied it once and their wasn`t any problem with being cloudy.
    It went over Poorboy`s PwC that was about a month old. I did a quick spray wash at the coin-op wash place and finished up with Spray & Wipe. Then applied the NXT with a Meg`s finishing pad on the PC, removed it with a MF towel. Looks great on a red Pontiac. The PwC/NXT may have made the paint appear a little darker than the AIO/S100 did, but I`m not sure.

Charles

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like NXT gets clearer and shinier after it cures 24-48 hours. It might be my imagination but that is my.02

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that NXT gets clearer a day after application, but I still did not have any problems with clouding. Like as said before, make sure you apply thin - very thin - coats. That was hard to get used to when working with NXT. But still a good product! :jump

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Larry A
    The secret with NXT is to apply it very thin.
    :yeah
    Just personal opinion, but I think that is the secret when using any wax or sealant.

Charles

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree too ... thin is the way to go ... I also found applying with a PC set on 4-4 1/2 works the best for me. I did not experience clouding but more of a muting of the metalic. The clarity improved with age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah in my experience i have found that NXT doesnt work well with metallics. It gives a great reflection on them, but it deepens and like kimwallace said it mutes the metallic. It made my moms silver MDX look like a flat grey from a distnace, but it has a mirror reflection. NXT does seem to be great on regular paints. :jump

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied a coat of NXT last Sunday and there was no cloudiness whatsoever. I have a red truck and I`m really very pleased with the product. The wife said today in fact that she told her daughter the other night that whatever it was I used on the truck, it sure made it look darker - and great too.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I washed the truck then wiped with FD after NXT last week. Very good results!

Boss_429
    Originally posted by zymolKK
    Yeah in my experience i have found that NXT doesnt work well with metallics. It gives a great reflection on them, but it deepens and like kimwallace said it mutes the metallic. It made my moms silver MDX look like a flat grey from a distnace, but it has a mirror reflection. NXT does seem to be great on regular paints. :jump
    I tend to agree with that statement. In a side by side test a friend and I did between NXT, and UPP, on dark metallic blue paint, the UPP definitely made the metallic paint look better........ at least in my opinion. However, others who have done more testing, and are more closely associated with Meguiar`s claim that the NXT really makes metallic paint POP.......... to each is own?

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Judging from these reviews I`ll hold off on the NXT. I have a dark green metallic and a silver car. I like the way UPP made my flake "pop" and the silver shimmer. I have no desire to dull the flake or flatten the silver. Thanx guys/girls for the reviews.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information