Thread: My new car..

Post Thanks / Like

Smile My new car..

:wait Hello to anyone who will help me! I`m brand new here and I just recently got a new Mazda 3 and want to take really good care of it, but I`m so completely new to all of this that I am not really sure where to start. I`ve tried reading through other threads but it`s taken me a while and I`m still not sure what everything is and what would be right for me. Perhaps someone can direct me to a thread that I could look at? I just want something that is easy to use but gives great results for the money. I know I want to wax it and i want something that lasts and gives good protection against everything but I`m not sure what kind to look for. I hear a lot about AIO`s and SG`s and EX`s and all these other things like claying and stuff. I know it`s like talking to a baby for all of you but what do I need and where do I start? And if possible what will it do to my car? Thanks

Compliant User Title
    Post Thanks / Like
    look right above this post......best summary of detailing i every read.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC...there are many good products available and you also can get a 10% discount from
    premiumautocare.com and autogeek.com using the "detailcity" discount code...

a good way to start getting answers is to answer a few questions....

what color is your car ....does it have metallic flake ....will you be doing it by hand or machine...

lots of good answers to come ...enjoy your stay
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    For starters:

What car? year? color? condition? – Daily Driven? Garaged? Battered?

What do you want to spend? Where are you willing to spend?

How much effort / labor / trouble / time ?

DC is great and there is a wide range of knowledge. Start of us with what we can work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple past discussion threads that should help you get acclimated to the board -

Acronyms

Jngrbrdman`s Guide to Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll make this easy on you, buy Poorboy`s EX-P for lighter vehicles or EX for darker colors. Both yield superior results with 1/2 the effort and price
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Detail City!!!! I agree with with Woob and all the rest. What color, condition, will it be stored in garage,outside etc.
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey thanks, well my car is brand new (just got it last sunday) and its titanium gray, it definately has metallic flakes in it, i`m pretty sure it has a clear coat on it too if that helps any ... it will be stored outside in the sun a lot, i`m going to college and we have to keep the cars in one huge lot in the nice hot sun. i drive it a lot, and am willing to spend pretty much whatever to get me started i dont really know what range i`m looking at anyway. but i would like it to be fairly simple because i`ve never waxed or anything before. thanks for all of your help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    will you be using a machine or hand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your car is a perfect candidate for the Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba and EX-P combo. Both are extremely easy to use by hand or with a machine, and each can be used in full sun. Precede these with a good wash and clay bar process, and you should be in good shape with your new car.

Post Thanks / Like
    to poorboy - i`ll be doing it by hand, dont own any sort of machines for this
    and thanks to awd for the help, i`ll definately give it a try! anywhere where i might find out how to do the `clay bar` process?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes there are many threads..you can just do a search and probably find them...it`s basically pretty easy ..little if no pressure..back and forth... use plenty of lubrication(I prefer diluted Spray and Wipe )
    and kneed the clay as it becomes dirty....drop the clay and you throw it away...if you get a large enough bar, cut it in pieces in case you drop it..also easier to kneed...

as for products, the combo suggested by awd330 is an easy one by hand

Thread Information