Post Thanks / Like

My day with many products (pics)

Well today was the first really nice we had for a weekend day and I took full advantage. I started detailing this morning at 830 with a sonax wash and one thing led to another. I wound up claying, polishing, UPC, UPP before I was done.

Well here is some pics

What I used:
    Last edited by TQB; 03-27-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before Pics:

Post Thanks / Like
    Before ...

Post Thanks / Like
    AFTER,

Post Thanks / Like
    AFTER,

Post Thanks / Like
    AFTER,

Probably the best reflection pic I ever got.
    Sorry for the crappy pics but it was a throw away camera and 1hr developed at wal-mart

Boss_429
    Tommy,

Well, I think this pic turned out pretty nice! So, how do you like the stuff you used?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TQB

Post Thanks / Like
    Well BOSS,

Sonax - I couldnt be more pleased with the slickness and suds of this stuff. Its a little steap in price but I think I will probably order more of it. Was a previus Megs Gold Class User.

Dupont Teflon Wheel Cleaner - I am glad I got a rebate that will make it free. I was not impressed with it at all. It says spray on spray off I even aggitated mine a little and it still was tough removing some of the break dust and it was minimal to start with. I will definatly stick to Megs or Castrol Wheel cleaner.

Zaino Clay Bar - First time I ever used clay so I might be way off here but it seemed hard to fold and knead but it seamed to grab every little thing on my paint and it wasnt sticky or stick to anything (Used PB Spray and Wipe as lubricant)

1Z Paint Polish - It was ok. Kinda hard to get worked in and it didnt really come off as easy as I expected from what I read ( Will go back to SSR2 or DACP next time)

1Z Metallic Polish - Did a really decent job but it seemed like it contained a little wax or something in it and that wasnt what I was looking for so I am not sure if it polished the minor stuff out or just filled it. ( Will go back to SSR1 or Megs #82 next time)

4* UPC - Seemed to work really well. Cleaned up all the stuff that the 1Z MP left behind and made a nice finsih ( Hard choice between this and AIO and PB`s PP next time)

4* UPP - Went on better and easier than I thought (applied with finishing pad on pc set on 5) and it removed easier than anything I ever used after waiting 1 hr. Never been good at the thin process but i seemed to do it right today somehow.

Zaino Tire Gloss - Was expecting alot more from it. It isnt greasy or anything but it just didnt really give me the finish I like (megs high endurance tire gel)

NXT Protectant - I simply love this stuff on interiors. It makes a nice matte shine a little stronger than 303 Aero Space but nothing real shinny. It looks like it should be very greasy but there is nothing when you touch it. I have been using this stuff since febuary and it doesnt attract any dust on the dash. I put it on the exterior trim today. Will have to get back on that.

Boss_429
    Thanks for the info Tommy!

If I remember correctly, you said you have, or you are getting Trade Secret. If so, get a couple/several coats of UPP on their, and then start topping with TS............ I think you`ll like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    How`d you like the wheel cleaner? I`m nearly out and I`m not sure what to try next. I used Blackfire Gel - it was alright I guess but I`m new at this and it`s the only one I`ve tried so it`s hard for me to say whether it`s really good or not! :dunno
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am probably gonna keep layering the UPP till I run out of the UGE then go with trade secret and Megs Final Detail after that. Might even top the TS with Natty`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    DALMORE,

Do you mean the Dupont Wheel Cleaner or the Zaino Tire Shine?

Dupont Wheel Cleaner I would never buy again period. I had better luck with wash shampoo and a sponge than this stuff aggitated with a wheel brush.

Zaino Tire Shine - Its ok pretty easy to apply. It just wasnt what I was looking for in looks. I will definatly use the Megs High Endurance Tire gel next time.

Thread Information