Post Thanks / Like

What are the Polymer Sealant/Polishes out there?

I was in Sydney last month and came across Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer Sealant, which is a one-step process as it polishes and at the same time protects. It is claimed that this can be applied to the car`s paint after the car wash/shampoo. It apparently is designed for those people who don`t have too much time on their hands for a full detailing of their rides but who would like to see their car`s finish in more than decent condition. Later on, I realized that this was a product of Meguiar`s Australia (www.meguiars.com.au/Products_Retail_PC_PP.htm) as Meguiar`s US does not have the same identical product. Now, I ask the following:

1. Would the above product be the equivalent of Meguiar`s #20? Does #20 have any polishing properties?

2. If not, then what would the equivalent of the above Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer Sealant be in the Meguiar`s line of products in the US?

3. What would be the equivalent of the above polish/polymer sealant product in the product lines of other brands, e.g. Poorboy`s EX Sealant, Mother`s, etc.?

I`m so sorry about my ignorance about this. I`m just starting out, but am eager to learn.
    Last edited by madman; 04-11-2004 at 04:58 AM.

Boss_429
    madman,

Most of Meguiar`s sealants/waxes contain some cleaning/polishing abilities. The #20 has some light cleaning abilities, so it could be similar to the sealant you have, but I doubt it. I would suspect that that Deep Crystal sealant is similar to Gold Class, or Medallion Premium Paint Protection.

I guess you could say that product is similar to Poorboy`s PWC. It is probably also similar to Mothers Reflections.

Hope this helps.

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your interested in a one step product, try Klasse All-In-One or Poorboys Polish with Carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    But where may I purchase PB Polish with Carnauba off the shelves? Must I buy it online?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by madman
    But where may I purchase PB Polish with Carnauba off the shelves? Must I buy it online?
    Yep, unless there is a local supplier near you it is only available online right now. Check poorboys website to see www.poorboysworld.com

Thread Information