Thread: UPP by PC?

Post Thanks / Like

UPP by PC?

I was wandering if anyone out there applies UPP by machine?

If so how do you work it like a swirl remover till dry or kinda just one pass to get the most milage out of the pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP by PC is awesome - lets you get a really thin layer - don`t work it just move in the direction air crosses the section your doing -
    You have activated my special ability....

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I love applying UPP with my PC. It helps spread the product over the car. I can do a full sized car with only 3 applications to the pad. I use a PC for just about everything but paste waxes.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have yet to find any product that worked better by hand than with the PC. You cannot duplicate the thin and even application you get with a machine when you use your hand. Just make sure that for applying waxes and sealants you have the proper soft waxing pad. The only time I hand-apply waxes now if if i`m doing one panel or using P21S where you have to wipe in about 30 seconds. Here`s a pic showing machine application of EX, which I feel was an order of magnitude better than when I applied it by hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I originally didn`t think it was of any real benefit to use the PC for anything other than SMR, I now seem to use it more and more for applying everything liquid.
    IMO, it isn`t necessary to use the PC, but it is handy.

One extra benefit for me.
    I don`t drop 2 or 3 of those little yellow applicators each time I apply a product. Actually, I don`t drop them, I seem to somehow flip them clear across the garage.

Charles

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    One extra benefit for me.
    I don`t drop 2 or 3 of those little yellow applicators each time I apply a product. Actually, I don`t drop them, I seem to somehow flip them clear across the garage.

Charles
    Charles, you`ve got to get at least one of the blue "door knob" applicators (by Viking I think). You would be amazed at how much less tiring it is to apply products. It seems to be much easier to get those think coats also.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mr. Clean
    Charles, you`ve got to get at least one of the blue "door knob" applicators (by Viking I think). You would be amazed at how much less tiring it is to apply products. It seems to be much easier to get those think coats also.
    Right now I have two of them. The consistency of the foam is such that I didn`t really feel comfortable with them. They are probably fine or else Viking wouln`t sell them, but my reservations have kept me from using them. It seemed very coarse compared to the Meguiar`s yellow applicators.
    :dunno
    Charles

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charles,

I had some initial reservations myself. I`m happy to report no marring issues and much improved application process. The fact that your hands aren`t cramping at the end of the session is just a bonus.

Thread Information