Post Thanks / Like

Question regarding EX

Ok, I just placed an order with Premium Auto Care. And now I`m waiting on the brown truck to bring me some AIO, UPP, and EX.

I saw on another thread (UPP vs. EX) where someone had questioned whether or not EX was applied on top of AIO... which it wasn`t. I`m wondering if anyone actually has applied EX over AIO, and if so what was the outcome?

Thanks,
    Onthespot

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah EX over AIO is a great combo. Also EX is great for mobile detailers because you can use it in the sun. In the sun you wipe on and then wipe off immediately, you still get an amazing shine.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Thomasfl
    yeah EX over AIO is a great combo. Also EX is great for mobile detailers because you can use it in the sun. In the sun you wipe on and then wipe off immediately, you still get an amazing shine.
    Just like AIO and UPP works great, same for AIO/EX.

Also, I`ve left EX on in direct sunlight for over 30 minutes and it came off with zero effort.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I`m an idiot but what is EX and UPP. That is one thing about this BB that I have a hard time with
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upp = Platnium Ultimate Paint Protection
    EX= Poorboys Ex sealant with carunba.

We made a termonaligy/dc lingo thread not too long ago. you can search for it.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my EX today. I read the directions regarding application in direct sunlight. What is the end result of applying in a garage and leaving on for an extended period versus applying in direct sunlight and wiping off immediately? Will the shine or longevity be less when wiped off immediately?

Also, could someone layout the full benefits of AIO? I thought it was just a pre-cleaner type of product with some minimal protection, but many of you are using it as a shine base. I guess I don`t understand AIO-type products.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RT -- I have left EX on in the direct sun for a good 30+ mins and it still came off with very little effort. This was done on a Silver Metallic paint as well as Black with same results. If I can keep the car fully in the shade I do the entire car/truck and then grab a drink. I will let it sit for about an hour on my cars/trucks.
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the information...

Onthespot

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can i say something

The biggest difference I`ve seen in letting it sit indoors or out for hour(s) is that it seems a bit deeper in colr , especially dark colors, yet a few customers with white or silver have said waiting also gives them a glossier look to their paint.

I also believe by wiping in on and the off with no time waiting will give a great look, but will not give the product ample time to set up unless using in the hot sun which will reduce the flash time.

Quick story...on my dark green Tahoe I had applied EX on the hood about 20 minutes previous and my wife came out and said we had to take the twins for a nap ride ...I told her I had put EX on part of the hood...she looked at me and said we have to go....so it was 90+ degrees out and we load the kids and off we went with the EX on the hood...we drove for an hour and then stopped at a Walmart...(needed some of those tiny spray bottles for QD+ use...Natty`s idea) ..when we got there the kids were sleeping and I took a mf rag and proceeded to wipe it off with no effort...the shine was great.

Another day i put some on my Black 442 in the garage and left it overnight...not only did it wipe off easily but it had a better shine and glow

Now i also tried leaving it on my Bronco(no clearcoat) overnight outside...what i found were morning dew spots, but an awesome shine...had to apply another coat during the day to remove the spots..

So overall I think an hour is sufficient, 10-15 minutes in the sun, or overnight indoors will all give a great shine and let the product
    set up for protection.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Can i say something
    NO!

rtbrick,

The AIO is great if your paint is in great condition (no swirls/scratches). It give the paint a safe gentle cleaning, and it seems to add a touch of gloss prior to the top coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP over AIO
    EX over AIO
    UPP over EX
    EX over UPP
    P21S over UPP
    P21S over EX
    P21S over UPP over EX

Okay I`m getting confused. Which is it? I`m aware how subjective this all is but it sounds like there really is no wrong way to do this. Do we have a consensus yet?

How about UPP+AIO+EX+P21S+PP+QD in a bucket and start it on fire and fan it with a microfiber towel!

Call the little English dude with red suspenders, I`ll bet he`d love to light it.

Oh, make sure to use the yellow, orange, and white pads to keep it going....
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol ...i think you covered most combinations...and no English guy..everything he sells s#cks
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rhillstr
    UPP over AIO
    EX over AIO
    UPP over EX
    EX over UPP
    P21S over UPP
    P21S over EX
    P21S over UPP over EX

Okay I`m getting confused. Which is it? I`m aware how subjective this all is but it sounds like there really is no wrong way to do this. Do we have a consensus yet?

How about UPP+AIO+EX+P21S+PP+QD in a bucket and start it on fire and fan it with a microfiber towel!

Call the little English dude with red suspenders, I`ll bet he`d love to light it.

ROLFMAO!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rhillstr

Who`s up for this one! i wanna see some amazing results from this! Just make sure it isn`t a plastic bucket.

Seriously though. They are all very nice combos.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Thread Information