Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Meguiar`s APC+ Discontinued?

After a few searches with no success, I thought I would just ask the question.
    Has Meguiar`s discontinued APC+?
    If they have, what is their replacement for it?

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad I bought extra if this is the case.....maybe Dwayne can help on this...or one of the Meguiar professional we have here..!!!
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, several of the Meg`s Detailer line products have been discontinued or replaced (including: APC+, Final Detail, Citri-Gel, and Engine Kote). Here is a thread from another forum which explains the changes -
    Detailer Line Updates

I stocked up on a few gallons of FD and C-G through Dwayne.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can contact Megs for a free pro catalog that features the new Detailer line up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awd330, thanks for the link.
    Wow! Talk about some changes and revisions. Being the cynic that I am, I wonder how many of the changes are marketing and how many are actually changes to the product and its performance.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    Awd330, thanks for the link.
    Wow! Talk about some changes and revisions. Being the cynic that I am, I wonder how many of the changes are marketing and how many are actually changes to the product and its performance.

Charles
    I think that many of the changes had to do with making the line VOC compliant for the 05 restrictions.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    DAMN ...... What is VOC.

Looks like the new products will be better then the old ones hyper dressing looks really good. I dont care for engine kote that much and it would be nice to have a universal water based dressing.

Only bad thing about all these new products are the price $39.95 for 1 gallon of hyper dressing. :wait
    Last edited by Ferrarislave; 06-17-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

Sadly, APC+ has been replaced with a New All Purpose Cleaner. I have been using the new stuff for a few weeks now and like it just as much as the old APC+ if not better. In fact, it has brighteners which really work well with carpet.

Most of the Detailer series has been changed including Final Detail, now being replaced with Last Touch.

Here is a pic of the new bottles:

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 2hotford how does the Last Touch Spray Detailer Compare to the old one. I still have 3/3 of APC+ and FD left so I should be good for this season. But I only have 1/4 of Engine Kote left which I use for wheel wells and Engine.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When my EK is gone I feel confident enough about using an acrylic floor shine like Mop & Glo in its place for wheel wells.

Here are some threads discussing EK and Mop & Glo:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/search...der=descending
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen
    DAMN ...... What is VOC.
    Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)

What Are They and What Are Their Effects?

"Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are found in everything from paints and coatings to underarm deodorant and cleaning fluids. They are a major concern of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state air quality boards all over the United States. VOCs have been found to be a major contributing factor to ozone, a common air pollutant which has been proven to be a public health hazard.

While ozone in the upper atmosphere is beneficial, ozone at ground level is quite the opposite. The atmospheric ozone layer helps protect us from the sun`s dangerous ultraviolet rays. Ground level ozone, however, is a highly reactive gas that according to EPA studies "affects the normal function of the lung in many healthy humans."
    These studies show that breathing air with ozone concentrations above air quality standards aggravates symptoms of people with pulmonary diseases and seems to increase rates of asthma attacks. There is also evidence that prolonged exposure to ozone causes permanent damage to lung tissue and interferes with the functioning of the immune system.

Ozone has been a difficult pollutant to control because it is not emitted into the air, but actually formed in the atmosphere through a photochemical process. It is in this process that VOCs play a significant role. VOCs in the air react with oxides of nitrogen and sunlight to form ozone. For this reason, the EPA has determined that controlling VOCs is an effective method for minimizing ozone levels.

California was the first state to enact laws limiting the VOC content in paints and coatings. New York, New Jersey, Texas and Arizona have already joined California with regional laws of their own, and it is expected that more states will soon follow. Traditionally, California`s environmental rules have set a precedence for federal regulations, as well as those of other states. The EPA is currently engaged in a regulatory negotiation process to develop a national VOC regulation that will be effective in all states."

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2hotford
    Hey,

Sadly, APC+ has been replaced with a New All Purpose Cleaner. I have been using the new stuff for a few weeks now and like it just as much as the old APC+ if not better. In fact, it has brighteners which really work well with carpet.
    Nothing is forever and no doubt the APC+ replacement will work fine.
    FWIW, The old APC+ contained "fabric softeners and brighteners" according to last years Professional Product Guide. Like many people, I always feel some disappointment when a product I really like is changed. The changes are not always for the better.
    I also understand that many of the changes are forced upon the manufacturers and the changes may very well be for the benefit of all of us.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Charles,

Yes, I know the old APC+ also had brighteners. However, I have noticed them a little more with the new APC. Further, the smell is similar to the old version APC butyl formula. In other words, a clean fresh scent.

Hey Frozen,

The new Last Touch is VERY slippery! In terms of gloss, it compares very well with Final Detail. The only thing I am not so sure about is the smell (coconut/banana); but that is a more subjective thing. I will miss Engine Kote as I have really enjoyed using it on the wheel well in particular. It has a bit of a learning/application curve. But once you have it figured out, it is a great product!

Tim

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2hotford
    Hey Charles,

Yes, I know the old APC+ also had brighteners. However, I have noticed them a little more with the new APC. Further, the smell is similar to the old version APC butyl formula. In other words, a clean fresh scent.

Tim
    A clean, fresh, scent" doesn`t exactly describe the smell of the old APC+. That change may be a welcome one.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I really do not mind the smell of the old APC+. But like I said, the new APC seems to smell more like the old APC Butyl formula. But, what I like, you may not, and vice versa.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information