Post Thanks / Like

Just a tip to share

Some of you may already know this but I think its better than using Peanut Butter.

Last weekend I detailed my car using SSR1 and EX-P. I will have a review shortly after my 2nd layer of EX-P. Anyway, yesterday I noticed white stains on some rubber and plastic moldings. Tried to wipe it off with water. No good. Then a dry MF. No good. I loked around and say my PB Trim restorer staring at me so I said what the heck I`ll try it. I wrapped a MF around my finger, gave the TR a good shake (as I learned you have to do) and wiped down the stained area Didnt really wipe it more like applyed it. Then I took a dry section of MF and wiped it down. Didnt even need to scrub it and wala stains gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you its the bomb for removing wax stains. I used a tooth brush with it on my grainy plastic trim. I then followed it up with PB natural look for a real clean finish
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

PB trim restorer is a great product, I am looking forward to trying the new High Gloss version of TR!

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think the SSR1 and/or EXP stained it? I was under the impression they would not (unless they were on the trim for days and dried up real bad?)
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely mask off my door handles, which are plastic, and I have got SSR1 and EX-P on them more than once and have not had any staining. I typically leave EX-P on for a minimum of an hour for the break :beer The SSR1 was applied w/PC so I would think if it were going to stain it would have. I don`t recall anyone having problems w/either staining the trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    It had to be. The trim was clean before this. It was mostly on rubber like the seal around my sunroof rubber door seal that sticks out from window but it was definatly either SSR1 or EX-P

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe since it is rubber that is why it stained...not sure I didn`t think it would. I mask around my windshield which is the only place I really have with rubber around it, no sun roof
    Seems like one of the products does stain rubber. I`m sure Steve or someone will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never had a Poorboy`s product stain...is one of my reasons from switching from Griot`s to Poorboy`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Polish is the only Poorboy product that`s resulted in any staining for me. Even then, it was only a very mild white residue. Never had a staining problem with SSR1 or EX-P. :dunno

Post Thanks / Like
    I used SSR2 today on an F150 XLT, and it stained the trim...

I used an eraser and it came right off... A `drafting` eraser is amazing at removing polish and wax residue!

nthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, an eraser? thats really creative, i gotta try that one.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont get me wrong people. I was not posting this as a "Poorboys DOES stain" thread. It was my first time with the product and PC so I was a little sloppy. I posted this to say what a versitile sp? product TR is.

So far I have been extremely happy with PB products. Easiest I have used with the best results I have seen

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve not had any stains when using PP, PwC, EX or EX-P on my Silverado. I`ve never taken any precautions to keep any of those products off of any of the trim, plastic, rubber or whatever.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Thread Information