Post Thanks / Like

Questions About Use

I have SSR1 as dwayne was out of SSR2 when I orderd SSR`s looks like I will get SSR2.5 instead of SSR2 or both. Anyways I did a panel with DACP to get some carwash swirls and small scratchs out with my rotary and edge green pad. I then followd up with SSR1 and a Edge white pad and noticed under a flashlight that the mirco marrying was still there so I followed up with Menzerna FP and the finish was flawless.

I know i am probley doing something wrong not working it long enougn not fast enough to fast. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you probably had to over the finish with SSR1 on the green pad too and then onto the white pad, but you really probably needed something like SSR2 to remove the micro-marring from the DACP.
    With SSR2.5 the micro-marring wouldn`t be there and SSR1 would have deepened the gloss.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, I will try SSR2.5 since im almost out of DACP.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poorboy.

Are you saying that DACP will induce micro marring?
    Cliff Claven is my hero
    2007 Silver Accord EX
    1999 Silver F-150 XLT

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    freedre I have read hundreds of posts and have never seen anyone who could go to a wax or sealant straight from DACP...most people say they either see micro-marring or a haze...is it possible to use it without inducing micro-marring:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    DACP is notorious for marring a finish. It is not intended for being a 1-step polish. Look on Meg`s abrasive scale and look where it is. SSR2.5 is the same, if not greater strength, with 1/2 the marring of DACP. It`s easier to get off too!

Frozen,
    I would have used a little bit more abrasive of a pad. That edge white pad is strictly for wax/sealants for me. It feels sooo good!! I would use DACP/SSR2.5 on a Green pad, then go to a blue pad for SSR1. This has done the trick for me plenty of times
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah I concur with Nick`s recommendations. DACP always causes micromarring for me. SSR2.5 does not. I would suggest following DACP with a finishing polish on a polishing pad. As Nick mentioned, the Edge white pad is actually a finishing pad and is probably too mild to clean up after DACP.

BTW, SSR2.5 matches up very well with the new Light Cut (green) Edge DA Durafoam pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would u recommend gettin SSR2 to possibly follow after SSR2.5 before I go to SSR1. I achieve perfect results with DACP Edge Green then Menzerna FP sometimes when there is alot of marrying after dacp I follow SFP with blue edge before FP. But if most not all times I go straight to FP with white pad and the finish it flawless.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great. Thanks for all the input guys.

I have been using DACP, because I ended up with two large bottles of it, but I have always followed it with SSR1 (my favorite product in the world) on a Lake Country white pad. I wasn`t doing this out of knowledge, but now I can say I am!!

Thanks again.
    Cliff Claven is my hero
    2007 Silver Accord EX
    1999 Silver F-150 XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen
    Would u recommend gettin SSR2 to possibly follow after SSR2.5 before I go to SSR1. I achieve perfect results with DACP Edge Green then Menzerna FP sometimes when there is alot of marrying after dacp I follow SFP with blue edge before FP. But if most not all times I go straight to FP with white pad and the finish it flawless.
    If you properly work SSR2.5 until it fully breaks down, you probably can probably go straight to something like SSR1, PwC, or VM. It will also depend on your choice of pads for SSR2.5. If you use a very aggressive pad, the pad itself may contribute some marring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok good so its safe to say after SSR2.5 I can go straight to SSR1. Thanks looking forward to picking some up. The thing that draws me the most to poorboys products are that they dont smell like death in a bottle. All the SSR`s smells like something you would want to eat.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen
    Ok good so its safe to say after SSR2.5 I can go straight to SSR1. Thanks looking forward to picking some up. The thing that draws me the most to poorboys products are that they dont smell like death in a bottle. All the SSR`s smells like something you would want to eat.
    My sentiments exactly Fr0zen.

I use SSR1 on my cornflakes.

Thread Information