Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who does your detailing?

Took my Z3 in for service today. A gentleman walks into the waiting room asking who owns the Z3 out there. When I answered, he asked me what year it was, and then said it looked great and asked where I take it.

I said what do you mean? He replied who does your detailing, He was looking for a new detailer for his 328.

As a DIYer with little experience and a horrible looking car just over a month ago, I was very flattered!

thanks for all the knowledge, tips and advice guys and gals!
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s great getting compliments on your work when others don`t realize it is your work.

For having little experience Dalmore, I think you have really applied what you have learned then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dalmore, I need to hook you up with some of my business cards next time! :rolling
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick, I was too shocked at first but I thought of you about 5 minutes later! I know I blushed like a school girl when he said that - I felt it in my face! The guy got kind of a weird look on his face too like maybe he thought I was getting mad or something. :lol
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have said, "I`ll detail it for you next Saturday", and walk away with some cash for you to spend :dunno

But you are right, that is the best compliement after you work 5+ hours on your car, and then people say, "That`s lookin` good."
    Nick Carberry

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nickc0844
    But you are right, that is the best compliement after you work 5+ hours on your car, and then people say, "That`s lookin` good."
    One of the neatest ones i have received was, "Good Grief, another new van?" At the time it was six years old and had about 115,000 miles on it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a spotless car is what got me my job where I am now. I was working for another dealership making next to nothing, called up and asked for a job. It also didn`t help that I bought a car at my work now while I was working for the other place, so I was being given a hard time. I didn`t even have an interview because they knew what type of job I did, all I did was name my price.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dalmore:

Congratulations!!! I had a similar thing happen early this week, before the rain started falling.

A guy came up to me in a parking lot and said his son has the exact same car as mine (2003 Audi A4) but his never looks so clean. Like you I am new to this game, and was very flattered.

By the way, I am very good friends with Doug Wolfgang of Wolfgang Candy fame!! He`s not in the family business.........went off to be a golf pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bemil
    Dalmore:
    ... By the way, I am very good friends with Doug Wolfgang of Wolfgang Candy fame!! He`s not in the family business.........went off to be a golf pro ...
    I just put that in my sig because I like Wolfgang Car Care products. What a hoot that you know one of them!! :rolling

I`m not sure I really deserved that unintended compliment but it did feel good. I`ll try to make it a point to pass along a compliment to someone next time I see one that deserves it. I can appreciate the work that goes in to it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with you on that. I`m sure my car did not look half as good as some of these guys can do............But you`re right it felt pretty good

:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    My ultimate compliment came over the weekend. I just got done detailing a 2003 SL 500, and he took it downtown that afternoon. Along came a guy and said, "Wow, that looks amazing." He began to touch the finish and asked, "How`d you get it so smooth?"

My client said, "You`ll have to ask my new detailer." The gentleman then said, "Well, I guess I would be wasting my time to offer you my detailing services then. I need to find out what he used."
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Nickc0844, what did you use? I`m looking for a new product to try out. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    My ultimate compliment came over the weekend. I just got done detailing a 2003 SL 500, and he took it downtown that afternoon. Along came a guy and said, "Wow, that looks amazing." He began to touch the finish and asked, "How`d you get it so smooth?"

My client said, "You`ll have to ask my new detailer." The gentleman then said, "Well, I guess I would be wasting my time to offer you my detailing services then. I need to find out what he used."
    :wait I dont think it gets much better then that :mohawk
    Elite Mobile Detailing - Formally SacMotorsports
    www.elitedetails.com

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hahaha best
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, This thread rock.........My wife takes her new Volvo S40 to the dealership for service, they always ask does she want the wash, she kindly replies with "No Thank You". Good compliment though.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information