Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Just because....

Just because someone buys a rotary and opens a detailing business, it does not make them a detailer....

yesterday I saw something that made me :bigscream :eek
    while dropping my kids off for a gymnastics class, I watched a guy who owns a detailing and audio shop with a rotary in his hands.
    He was working on a black honda civic and all I could say was:eek
    He was using dirty pads, had no resemblance of a clue of how to use it and was moving in so many different directions that I couldn`t stand to watch...then he took another product, switched to another dirty pad:eek and proceeded to do that step on top of the previous one. He finally wiped off the finish and stepped away...at this point I had to see the damage, so I slowly drove by and couldn`t believe how BAD the marks he left were..holigrams in every direction and swirls beyond belief...
    What will his customer say:dunno ....ok end of nt these people can actually charge to screw-up cars:nono
    I certainly hope they are better at audio components
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like my manager at work that supposedly has been doing detailing since 73,( he was hired for being an old fart to keep the kids busy!) after finally admitting to me one day he has never used a foam pad, (:bigscream ) I showed him the basics, shoulda let him fall on his face. He did detail for 6 months in 73, then did SALES til 88, kinda an odd mix of parts runner and janitor till like 98(:wait ), then was a lot boy for some place where the owner spends more time in jail for fraud than at his dealership( ), now he is my manager, I have been doing this for over 16 years as a main source of income and this guy ticks me off daily. Want to know the time we are allowed, based on an end of month potential bonus, 3 1/2 hours on a full detail on our main seller, a SUBURBAN with 80k miles and never been cleaned, just the ```` knocked off the seat onto the floor deal( ). But it gets better, the tool that thought of these times is his boss, the service manager, that has NEVER done detailing. Some people should not have the right to own a car, let alone attempt to detail one!! I am surrounded on a daily basis by about 30 people that have no clue but insist I am dumber than they are, go figure! I know you pain, I live it everyday!
    Dealership employee, I HATE SALESMAN!

Boss_429
    Steve,

We use to charge "lots" of money fixing up those so called "professional detailing jobs"!

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah I know :nono I know:nono

Post Thanks / Like
    MadMax,

And here I thought such unrealistic time estimates only ocurred in IT departments! I was wrong. Must be the world over.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think some people are buffer swirl blind just like color blindness !!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Steve I was carving my name in the Honda
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    the funny thing was he looked a little like the Whaler:bigscream :eek maybe just a cousin

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve - I have to tell you. I always detail my VW out in front and after about a year some woman on the block buys a new black Grand Prix and asks me to detail it. The paint is horrible. Never saw such filth come out of new paint with clay. I wash, clay, SSR1 (which still left some slight flaws, they were so bad) and EX. The paint looks gorgeous. The next day, the guy across the street asks me to do his pearl white Acura. He doesn`t want to get into a heavy detail, so I wash, clay and Klasse with a polishing pad. It doesn`t look deep enough so I hit it with an EX topper and it shimmers. It looked so good that the guy`s neighbor asked me to do his car (new Honda) next week! Must be the EX. I may just give up my law practice. Thanks Steve.

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s mah story..........

I detail part-time (weekends and holidays) mainly for the same group of 75 people, give er` take. I detailed a 98` BMW M3 for a clinet last week. She calls me yesterday and said that she was at the local audio shop getting a new CD player installed when they guys who owns the place asked her who cleaned up her car? She told him my name and how long I had been detailing it and the ```` who owns the place said "Well, didn`t look like he did a real good job, Lemme do it next time I bet I can beat him". I laughed and told her he was making conversation because you are an attractive woman, she agreed!!! And I thought to myself after I`d talked to her, I have 10 years experience, I have been to detail schools and classes every year, What a sucm bag to tell her he would beat me? Some folks........

Thread Information