Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious about PB`s QD+ vs Meguiars Quik Detailer (Red Bottle). Which one is better? Right now, I have a coat of Klasse AIO on the car, and use Quik Detailer a couple times a week (usually after it rains) to spruce up the car. About once a week I try to run over the car with Meguiar`s Quik Wax (after Quik Detailer) for a little Carnuba protection on top of the Klasse and a touch better shine and maye to hide some swirls.

But, I`m thinking of switching to PB`s stuff as you guys seem to give them rave reviews and they should be cheaper than the Meg`s stuff, as I can get the PB`s stuff in gallon sizes.

Am I correct in thinking that the Spray & Wipe would replace my Quik Detailer from Meg. and that the QD+ will replace the Quik wax?

And, has anyone who has used both care to comment on which they like better.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dalmore! Yours is cool too. Anyways, yeah Meguiars confuses folks, I was talking about #66, the Quick Detailer, awd330. I assumed it could be sprayed, however I guess I am incorrect. Final Inspection seems to be more up my ally then I suppose. It seems that everyone uses a different QD and there really is no "best" one to use. It really depends on how you are planning to use the product. I haven`t used QDs very much to maintain the finish between waxes, but I am sure it will extend that "freshly waxed" look.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who don`t know how to build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by newbie04
    Curious about PB`s QD+ vs Meguiars Quik Detailer (Red Bottle). Which one is better? Right now, I have a coat of Klasse AIO on the car, and use Quik Detailer a couple times a week (usually after it rains) to spruce up the car. About once a week I try to run over the car with Meguiar`s Quik Wax (after Quik Detailer) for a little Carnuba protection on top of the Klasse and a touch better shine and maye to hide some swirls.

But, I`m thinking of switching to PB`s stuff as you guys seem to give them rave reviews and they should be cheaper than the Meg`s stuff, as I can get the PB`s stuff in gallon sizes.

Am I correct in thinking that the Spray & Wipe would replace my Quik Detailer from Meg. and that the QD+ will replace the Quik wax?

And, has anyone who has used both care to comment on which they like better.

Thanks!
    Like Rosso said, there is no "best" QD. It all depends on the specific task at hand. Some sprays are better at cleaning, while others are better at gloss enhancement. Some have carnauba to extend the life of carnauba toppers, while others have silicones or other non-wax beauty ingredients.

I have a number of QD sprays in my detailing supplies. My personal favorites are:
    - Spray & Wipe for cleaning
    - Final Detail for gloss
    - QD+ to refresh a carnauba topper
    - 3:1 S&W:FD mix for daily maintenance

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    - 3:1 S&W:FD mix for daily maintenance
    Cool AWD360. You invented a new product (something else to try...woohoo :headbang). By "daily maintenance", do you mean quick touch-ups to eliminate random rugrat fingerprints? Or do you do the whole surface?
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HiSurfTension
    Cool AWD360. You invented a new product (something else to try...woohoo :headbang). By "daily maintenance", do you mean quick touch-ups to eliminate random rugrat fingerprints? Or do you do the whole surface?
    I use the 3:1 S&W:FD mix over the whole car. I do this a few times a week on the daily drivers (really cuts down on the number of regular washes). The garage queen gets this treatment after every drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does either one fill in swirls? Which one is good for just wanting to enhance the appearance and life of the wax? It would be used to give it a boost say after it rains or when it needs a little touch up. I would get the clearkote qd, but want something off the shelf for now.

It doesn`t have to me Meguiars, it can be a different brand. Whatever you think.. If it helps, I used ssr2>VM>EX today and will throw on some CMW tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ashley; 04-10-2004 at 07:05 PM.

Boss_429
    Ashley,

If you are talking about QD`s, they really won`t fill swirls. A quick wax like Meguiar`s Quik Wax might fill some very, very light swirls. It will give the protective coating a tiny boost, as it has a bit of wax in it. The new Meguiar`s Quik Wax is actually quite nice (the old one wasn`t ). It should go nicely with the CMW. For a straight QD that you should be able to find locally, I would recommend Mothers Showtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Boss!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information