Post Thanks / Like

PC for sale on ebay.

Hey guys, im new over here but not new in the detailing world.

Anyway, I just listed my PC 7336 on ebay. I will sell it to anyone on detailcity for $65, or you could just wait it out and possibly get a better deal if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2385861137

Happy Detailing
    ~Cody Julian
    ~Cody Julian

Post Thanks / Like

First Dibs on this

I have sent PM inquiring about this

Post Thanks / Like
    I was inquiring about this PC as soon as it was posted for sale. Gentleman knew I was interested as I was asking what all came with it. It was listed on Ebay for $50. He answered my PM and said he would look for original box. I emailed again and he said it already sold. He ended the auction early to sell to someone else for $70 rather than the $65 he originally posted on here. He even cancelled the $50 bid.

Rule #1

Money comes before integrity

Rule #2

Money is priority in some peoples eyes.

If it seems I am pissed..it`s because I am. No need to lie.

Here is link to where it clearly states auction was ended early by seller.

Ebay Listing

Post Thanks / Like
    I owe volvo an apology. I over reacted and assumed since he was PM`ing me that he was only dealing with me. It turns out he responded to me first even though someone from autopia had sent him a message first. We all know what happens when you assume something.

My apologies Volvo. I was clearly in the wrong.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s just me but I disagree with the sellers tactics.

Imagine that you have an item you want to sell so you take it to the local auction house and ask them to sell it for you. Auction day comes, you are in the audience of bidders and a potential buyer/bidder comes up to you and offers you a price. You accept and run up to the auctioneer and you interrupt him as he`s doing his thing and as people are bidding on your item. You tell him to stop the auction as you`ve decided to sell the item to that guy over there. You look at the crowd and tell them they are too late and off you go to get your money.

That`s what happened in this case. It appears to me that no integrity is the correct call when sellers do this. Am I seeing this wrong?
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with JIM on this one. This was listed at e-bay and the bidding (selling) process started. At the same time he started threads here and another site., asking a fixed price. That is the wrong way to go about it, he shoud have started the threads and tried that avenue to start. Then if that did not produce the results he wanted open it up to e-bay and settle for what you can get.

What I see happened here is he was looking to make as much as possible, in the end it was 5 bucks hardly a killing!!!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Well..other side of the coin - it looks like to me he posted it on ebay for 50 with a buy it now for 70 - figured in the mean time he would post it here and at autopia for 65 - he pretty much spelled it out in his post - 65 and it`s yours or you can wait it out on ebay and try to get it for 50 - it very well could have gone for 50 had only one person bid and no one wanted it here or at autopia

the second that buy it now goes though all bets are off - I don`t think he was trying to swindle anyone - just posted it on ebay then thought "hey maybe someone on the boards wants it." I agree if he wanted to sell it here he should have posted first but I`ve seen people at work do that too post on ebay then email out to our for-sale alias - I was a bit screwy but I don`t think he meant anything wrong by it
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    The opening bid was $50. Someone had placed a bid and the Buy It Now option went away. He had to go in and cancel the Bid. You can see this on the listing. He then sold it to someone else.

My intentions were this.

I would buy it on Ebay for his asking price. For 2 reasons.

1. I have the option of having buyer protection should he not ship it after me paying.

2. He has seller protection should my payment be fradulent.

You are correct that once it was bid on then it was WRONG to cancel someone`s bid just so you could make $5.

What is really confusing is that if you look at the other listings that had ended they were selling for over $100 and this just included the PC, no pads or hook and loop backing plate.

Anways,

I orderd mine from Amazon. I got the 7336 for the fact that it can be a sander as well. I also ordered the contour hook and loop backing plate. The 7336 also comes with the 6in weight (at least that is what I have read).

Brian

Thread Information