Post Thanks / Like

Water Blade experiences...

As far as using a Cali water blade, I can see how one could get scratches if they dragged rough debris over their paint with the blade (obviously), but if you wash your car thoroughly and rinse well isn`t it safe? Especially if you take a chamois or MF towel and wipe the blade after each swipe on your mobile?

Has anybody ever had scratching or marring from the blade? (Even after your car was cleaned and rinsed well??)

If so, does it tend to scratch worse on contours as opposed to flatter areas, ie hood, trunk lid etc...? Thanks!

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything can scratch your paint no matter how `safe` it is. I have one and I use it. I use it properly and I keep it clean. I also don`t get scratches from it. However, I know people who don`t know how to use it properly that have screwed up their paint pretty good with it. You just have to keep it clean and use it carefully.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read quite a few of these posts and seen reply`s go back and forth on the issue. I`ve used one for at least 10 years without any particular empasis on being overly careful. I`ve never had any problem with one of these hurting my finish. It`s just a matter of common sense and good cleaning practices. If you wash your car well you minimize the chance of doing any damage, the same is true of any chamois or towel even MF`s. In my opinion the bottom line is that if you damage your car by dragging debris across the finish using a waterblade you probably would have damaged the finish under the same circumstance using a towel. I think these work best when you just try to pull the bulk of the water off and finish up with a quality towel. Don`t expect more of the product than this. The waterblades work, what more can I say?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah

The waterblade works great, and I haven`t had any problems. I like to get excess water off with the blade and follow up with a waffle weave. This method has worked best for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    Anything can scratch your paint no matter how `safe` it is. I have one and I use it. I use it properly and I keep it clean. I also don`t get scratches from it. However, I know people who don`t know how to use it properly that have screwed up their paint pretty good with it. You just have to keep it clean and use it carefully.
    Amen!!

I wash lots and lots of vehicles, and we have at least 6 water blades in our finish area all the time. I`ve heard people bad mouth the California Water Blade, but I personally have never had an adverse incident with one.

It`s a very important part of my operation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a CWB for many years and never had any problems. I was always careful to rinse before using, and I cleaned off the blade with my fingers between every swipe. Since switching to waffle weave towels a couple years ago, my CWB has mostly been sitting on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EP3

The waterblade works great, and I haven`t had any problems. I like to get excess water off with the blade and follow up with a waffle weave. This method has worked best for me.

But.....thanks to S&W I haven`t washed the truck for well over a month so drying is not something I`m currently up on
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used a CWB, but it would seem to me that if you washed the blade (I`m thinking wash mitt & car wash soap) and rinsed it well right before using it, you should be about as safe as you can get.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information