Thread: Car Polish

Post Thanks / Like

Car Polish

I have a question for you pro`s out there, who really know how to get that really deep shine to sing on your cars. I own a 9-3 Saab
    Convertiable in the rainy state of Oregon, it is parked in the garage every night, but my work takes me onto the streets and into the weather almost every day.

The color of my car is a grafite/green color, kind of a mid range color, not too dark almost silver.

I would like to wax it about three or four times a year, and would love to hear from you about how to get the best results.

Should I invest in power buffer, ( this does appeal to me, because I have bit of Arthiritis) and what can or type of cleaner/
    sealer, wax or polish should I buy?

I have always loved car`s and it is important to me that they look at great as they can.

Krmpuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe with your arthrites you should consider a cleaner wax . You can use Meguiars Gold Class, Mothers Reflection and Klasse A.I.O. .These will leave a great shine and you can always top with straight wax like S100, Meg.#26 or Mothers Natural. Use a qd after washing like Eagle One Wipe n Shine , Mothers Showtime, And Meguiars Quick Detailer, these will maKE THE WAX JOB LAST LONGER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a after though You cant shine dirt so you should consider using clay . It will realy deep clean the paint. Mothers makes a good clay so does Auto Magic.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My attack plan would be wash, clay, 3M PI III Machine Glaze (with rotory) Poorboys World Pro Polish, Poorboys EX. The poorboys has great lasting shine so you wouldn`t have to use it more than once every other month if you didn`t want to. You could also use Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection and get similar results to the ex. On a darker silver color I`d go with the ex though because it has a bit of a deeper shine.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting your car to look "as great as it can" is an extremely time-consuming process requiring the time to learn the proper techniques and the time to execute them. You have to honestly ask yourself whether you are willing to put this amount of time into the process, or whether you just want to spend an hour or two every few weeks. I would suggest you buy yourself some Klasse All In One and a pile of microfiber cloths to get started. Read the information here and on other detailing sites on how to wash, dry, polish and wax. In my opinion, microfiber is the single biggest improvement to come along in the last few years. It allows you to remove wax and clean glass with better results than ever. Don`t get me wrong - armed with a lot of knowledge and a few good products you can have your car looking great in short order. It`s the last 10% that takes 90% of the time!

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    great post ACE! Listen to this guy he knows what he`d doing. You may also consider just taking it to a proffesional detailor to start with then doint the maintenence yourself. Just make sure you shop around for the BEST detailor in your area. Even if they coast more the diffrence between a decent detail and the BEST detail is huge!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Thread Information