Post Thanks / Like

Detail Plus Products (Diamond Plus)

Has anyone heard of, or used any of the products from Detail Plus, specifically Diamond Plus?

I have spoken to the owner/operator? Bud Abraham a few times and he is of the opinion that 99% of the sealants on the market are mostly hype with inflated prices.

He has stated that there is no one company with the `magic bullet` chemical compound, that all of the top quality sealants are basically the same, it`s just that some aare sold at much higher prices (due to hype) than others. He said these "boutique" products have nothing on the other products other than an air of mystery, and no real advantage over the others.

The Diamond Plus is (according to him):

....a sealant. I know of no sealant that has abrasives, if it did it would not be a sealant. A sealant is a sealant.

If you want to put on more than one coat you can, no problem. It means more sales for me. I am not sure where this term "layering" came from or if it really means anything.

Under the best conditions our sealant will last on a car for up to 6 months. Best conditions, driving the car only on sunny days; garaging it all the time and washing it infrequently because it does not get dirty.
    I`m just really curious if his stuff is even worth a try at $23 a gallon?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

wayne
    I have tried it and sent some away to get tested, results..., 2 weeks outside, where a real car sits.
    Bud is a salesman and has TERRIBLE products..., but he sells them to the unsuspecting consumer.
    Bud is very well educatd in chemicals and has been around them for quite a number of years.
    Think about what he is saying..., all sealants are chemicals, all sealants are the same, only difference is the label and advertising...,
    Now- use common sense..., what is your conclusion?
    All cars have motors, there fore all motors are the same, LOL!
    Bottom line..., If you believe they are all the same as he states..., Get yours at a local detail shop and save the INFLATED shipping costs.
    For instance..., Dwayne shipps for free on orders over $75.
    I tried to make an order with his company when I was conducting tests on detailing supplies. The order came to les than $120..., shipping- $70!!!!!

He talks about hype, but what is he spreading..., "HYPE" that all sealants are the same and comparing his to the best stuff out there..., BTW, his sealants caused micromarring, so there is either abrasives or chemicals that are VERY harsh to the finish.
    IMO, leave it alone...,
    OR
    Try it out and confirm what I have said
    Company`s products get to be known by work of mouth and show car winners. For example, search for Klasse, Platinum, Zaino, etc and you will find LOTS of happy customers..., not advertisers or marketing.
    Search for satisfied customers of diamond plus..., I don`t know of any..., although I am sure "someone" likes it, but someone also likes turtle wax and meguiars one step. Great for a junk truck..., but it won`t touch my car..., not after the resulty I saw...
    just my .02 based on my own experience with the product and the company...

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Wayne you crack me up.

You know that feeling you get when you hear your mother in-law is coming to visit? Or the sensation when finger nails are scratched on a slate board? lol That is what Bud does to you! lol

Now for me its my mother in-law. I mean it hehe. Nothing gets me more worked up than that. She is my LEAST favorite person on the earth! lol Whats even more shocking is that I see my wife becoming more like her everyday!!! hehehehe

I enjoy the experienced opinions both you and Bud offer and I try to find the best path for myself. He has actually helped me out a little and I tryto see the lighter side of this situation. No disrespect meant here I just kinda laugh when you get started on the Bud stuff cause it gets so intense. lol

Try not to let it get to you.

Best regards,
    John Sharp

wayne
    Hi John
    Welcome to the board.., I had to get out of the other board..., your right, Bud drives me crazy with his marketing. You are also correct in that he is very knowledgable, but that is what makes him so believable about his products..., ya wanna know how I wound up with diamond plus, LOL!!!
    We spent a lot of time on the phone, and it was all a big sales pitch I found out AFTER trying his stuff out. It is VERY low quality. I have tried local no name stuff that was way better.
    It just gets me that he has the nerve to compare diamond plus and his other line of stuff to good quality products.
    Thats what pisses me off..., he knows better!!!
    (that is if we believe he knows as much about chemicals as he says he does
    At least over here he will not be able to post..., at least not for long with his sales tactics, he will get booted "QUICK" if he tries his crap over here..., may I rest in peace hee, hee

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to worry Wayne! He got the boot last year sometime! LOL

When this board first started it earned the nickname "Ban City"
    because I had to ban every sales-hungry vendor and there momma because they all wanted a piece of the action! LOL

When I first started DC it was a place for our customers to be able to communicate with me and each other and share of love of detailing and get answers to our questions or to provide help to those new to detailing. Our business plan was

1. Profits from PremiumAutoCare.com support Detail City as a service to enthusiast and professional detailers.
    2. Detail City will support PremiumAutoCare.com and is in fact, our only source of online advertising.

Of course we welcome everyone, no purchase required but the most certainly can not have other vendors with sales on their agenda here at Detail City.

So long story short, buda already wore out his welcome long ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, a reputed member (to some anyway) from another forum was a couple of days ago refering to a case where a co-ex member of this forum saw his thread delected and after explaining why, that other reputed member came here and wrote that everyone here was pushing UPP up.

What I replied was something like that, 4-star suports this site, you can discuss other products but not try to sell them here for free.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly!

How fast would I be banned if I went to a forum and started pushing Platinum or anything that we sell at 4 Star...

I bet it would be pretty fast! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently tried "diamond plus" on several domestic and German cars. I fould the product to be excellant. Easy to work with, great shine, can`t comment on durabilty yet.
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Turbo, other than Wayne I havent heard from another person who had tried it. I am curious, did he charge alot of shipping? And what other chemicals did you try? I would be interested to know. Thanks.

BTW, he is currently conducting a test where he is going to prove that his products are the best in the world. He is pitting his Diamond Plus against what everyone else is using to prove he has the best stuff anywhere. I get the feeling that his test results were decided before he even began the thing but I am curious to see what he comes up with. lol

John

wayne
    Here is a copy of the letter I recieved from detail plus..., you tell me if it is gouging on shipping..., BTW, I made an order out of Texas for a larger order and shipping was less than $13
    I guess buda also charges an extra $10 handling fee, when the order was being processed..., well- look for yourself.

Dear Mr. Recla.

The freight for your order of chemicals is $54.00.

Chemicals 113.70
    Freight 64.00

Total 167.70

The order can be ship today, please let us know.

Regards,

DETAIL PLUS Systems

I do a LOT of shipping and I can tell you..., a few gallons does not cost $64 to ship...,
    Ask Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne

Do yopu not have anything better to do than bust balls over Bud. Get over it and move no, you have not stopped posting on the other BB. I come over here and see the same crap from you.

Do us all a favor and give it up!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is alot of money for shipping, especially if all you got was chemicals.

I don`t know much about Bud`s other products but I was given some of his interior cleaner and it did a fairly decent job. I must say that I don`t know of any other detailers that use his products on a regular basis.
    Ringo

wayne
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Wayne

Do yopu not have anything better to do than bust balls over Bud. Get over it and move no, you have not stopped posting on the other BB. I come over here and see the same crap from you.

Do us all a favor and give it up!!!!!!
    Beemerboy,
    You will not find ANY posts on "the other" forum from me..., check the IP addresses. I do not go there, nor do I plan to.
    Why would I support a board that is full of BS and pressure sales.
    I like it here..., No BS, No presure sales, and no Misinformation about products because "someone" is trying to sell their "own name brand".
    What is the matter, does the truth about Buda hurt your feelings or what???
    If so..., Get over it, LOL!!!
    Truth is truth, someone "asked" a question, I gave an HONEST answer..., even to the point of posting the "gouging, overcharging invoice"
    Dwayne is a good, fair businessman, honest and has GREAT products, so why would it bother you if my support, time and energy is spent here. I left the other forum because there was always something stirred up over Buds BS sales tactics..., I no longer have to put up with "stories and emails, unsolicited"
    This is one of the BEST forums, please do NOT bring the old baggage with you...

Post Thanks / Like
    testing, ignore>
    turbomangt

Post Thanks / Like
    Having problems getting my post on the board, hmmmmm. anyway. I cannot say how much I paid for my dplus sealant or for shipping, only that is was less than what he quoted me. We all have to bargain on our own. next , I have been looking for a sealant that is easy to work with, with great results. This product has given me that. I compared it to the two more popular ones here Klasse and Upp. Upp has a negative reaction when water comes is contact with it, and Klasse High gloss is hard to remove. You might say well make sure the car is dry. I want to start selling an easy to use sealant in my detail classes (see class schedule www.perfectautofinish.com) The people that will be using it are weekend warriors, I must give them every opportunity to succeed. I have applied with DAPC and by hand, the DPLus always came out with a high shine, mirror look. I used it on domestic and foreign cars both. Next, don`t gang up on Wayne, he is just trying to find the best solution like all of us. Wayne also happens to be my supplier for micro fiber towels, I have sold almost 1,000 of them at my classes. Most people never heard of them before. So its great publicity for me. Wayne has never posted that fact he is a huge player in this market on this board. Cut him some rope, Love you guys, back to work, peace out, gary
    turbomangt

Thread Information