Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boss_429

PoorBoy`s questions?

Steve,

I see your website has been updated with your new products. Looks great, and I`m looking forward to seeing those products for sale here at DC. Couple questions:

I don`t see a "pure" paint cleaner in your lineup.......... do you feel that your SSR1 accomplishes that task?

Also, approximately how long do you feel the EX will last on a daily driver, provided the EX is kept up with your QD+.

Lastly, would the following be a good core group of your product for a fairly well maintained vehicle:

Clean and SMR with your SSR1
    Followed by your Professional Polish
    Followed by your EX
    Maintained with your QD+

Thanks!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Boss,

If I could be so bold to reply before Steve I would say the Pro Polish is about the closest thing to a pure "paint cleaner" in the Poorboys lineup. It is so mildly abrasive that it probably would register a 1 on the Meg`s scale. It is water based and leaves behind no fillers or oily residue. I`ve used it as a prep for UPP and works fine.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss,

If I can shed some light on EX from my experience. It is on top of AIO and I have 4 x EX. I drive it daily and regularly use a CCD or s&w to clean it. I use a qd approximately 2 times a week and only need to wash once in two weeks. The EX has been on for maybe 2 months and doing fine. I have now layered it again (was bored and wanted to do something ).
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Boss_429
    ashsarna,

Do you think 1 or 2 coats of the EX would have lasted 2 months?

Natty,

Would you/do you use the Pro Polish after the SMR, just prior to the EX, or the Pro Polish prior to the SMR?

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Polish as final step before sealant/wax coat. If you`re using something light like SSR1 or Meg`s Swirl Free you can skip the Pro Polish but I`ve found it definetly does contribute to the final look.

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to buy the line and try it...
    Can some cut and paste the steps and products and how I best can use it....Lets say
    1. for Oxidiz`d and swirl`d paint
    2. Good paint.. not much too fix..

thks
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Last (and best) time I`ve used EX it was like this: On the other weekend, I went on a small vacation, to a place where pollen is free, birds do crap and water is HARD.

When I came back, though I only washed the car on touch-less places and S&W it while I was there, it had swirls I didn`t want.

What I did? DACP w/ the PC, (Menzerna Fast Cut where needed, few places), 3M PI-III Machine Polish w/ PC, 3M PI-III Finishing Glaze, supposed to have carnauba on it, and finally EX, 2 coats by now. I`ve never seen my car look so great, and don`t think it`s possible either.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed an order with Steve last week and Iam very anxious to try the Poorboy system.
    1996 Corvette Collector Edition
    2002 BMW 325xi
    2004 Cadillac CTS

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimmyS5600
    I placed an order with Steve last week and Iam very anxious to try the Poorboy system.
    Just an FYI.....Dwayne will be carrying Poorboys products at the on-line store here within a couple of weeks.

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss,

I think it (EX) would last the 1 or 2 months, but as hans said, it all depends on your envoiroment. There will be seasons that are not harsh on your paint as compared to others. I have had times when my klasse has lasted several months and times when it has lasted a couple. If you maintain with a qd and s&w it will last longer imo. Later .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Give a guy a chance to answer..lol

Hey Boss,

You got a lot of info before i even had a chance..lol

Yes Natty has seen all the products and is probably the best one

to answer comparison questions to other products...he has used

SSR 1 ,2, & 3 on black... under indoor lighting....

Yes Professional Polish is so unabrasive yet does intense cleaning and smoothing of the finish as well as metals, glass and plexiglass(for motorcyclists) shields.

The SSR1 will do a bit but not a lot more , but is better suited for machine use...it`s much thicker and spreads more evenly.

All the polishes are done working when they start to dust....there are diminishing abrasives in all of them and Natty can tell you that after I used the SSR3 with a rotary on the black car there were no swirls, and you could not feel any abrasive in the pad.

Boss....you are my favorite type consumer....the bigger the skeptic ..the more you`ll love it after you try it..
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve

Boss is not skeptic, he`s just wise. He doesn`t jumps on a product line just cause someone tells it`s a miracle.

He lead me the way to products like Einzsett and Menzerna which I didn`t know before.

I`m sure he`ll like the EX as much as I do
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Boss_429
    poorboy,

Thanks for the info! I`m looking forward to trying your products, and I`m sure I will like them very much. I also like the look of your prices.............. very competitive for such a high quality product.

I`ve got all kinds of plans........... your pro polish under a few coats of UPP, topped with EX.............. ect.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boss...I`m sure now that you can get everything you like in one place itwill be easier for you to EXperiment. From my talks with Dwayne, I see someone open , like me, to using different combinations of products at this level of detailing that suits each person`s taste. To say you can cover every base would be naive by one product mfg. but to have a Superstore....I know you can`t lose. Dwayne is filling(Oh I know I`m leaving out Rick but you are meant to be included when I say Dwayne)...an area that the chain stores just won`t allow to happen. If you`re one of the big three...M`s in this biz you own all the shelf space...I say let Dwayne give them a run for their money
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429
    I agree, and your right, I like to try different products.

Also, if Dwayne reads this, I think you`ve come up with a great new "logo" idea............. Premium Auto Care dot Com - Your Detailing SuperStore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information