My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the Edge 2000DA pads be machine washed?

I currently have LC 7.5 foam pads that I machine wash, believe it or not, in hot water (approx 120*F, I measured ) with some of my microfibers.
    I also let them tumble dry on very LOW heat.

I have washed them about 10-15 times and they are holding up fairly well (some wear but definatly acceptable).

I was wondering if the Edge 2000DA pads can be washed the same way and be as durable as the LC ones? I hate hand washing pads....
    Has anyone tried this? If Aaron reads this, can you comment? Thanks.

:cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, we have put the pads through many tests including machine washing and while the new Edge2000 DA durafoam pads held up to a few washes and dries, it defiantly degraded the foam and began to loosen the glue. Even on the Lake Country website they do not recommend cleaning the pads by machine. Also in this age of environmental consciousness you should keep in mind that to hand wash the pad takes all of 5 minutes, almost no water ( you can use the bucket of soap and water you washed the car with) and drying is as easy as attaching the pad to the machine and turning it on. That saves water, electric, and in many cases gas for the dryer, as well as time. I hope this will not deter you from trying out our new system, but I would have to recommend against machine washing and drying of any of our pads.

Thanks,

Aaron
    Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
    777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    ---------------------------------------
    Æ’v Phone: (610) 583-4883
    Æ’¢ Fax: (610) 583-4885
    Æ’x Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I realize no one reccommends machine washing, I`ve started to do it anyway though Like I said I have maybe 15 washes on my LC`s...they have degraded some, but I bought them for $6.25 each so no biggee.

I throw them in with my microfiber load so it really does not use extra energy/water. I wash my real dirty MF first, keep them in the washer after the cycle is over, then toss in the pads and my good "paint use only" MF for a second wash cycle.

I still may try Edge 2000 pads (I have had NO luck with velcro in general) and I may even machine wash one consistently to see if it degrades too fast or if it holds up ok. If it falls apart after a couple washes though I won`t come crying looking for a free replacement since I`ve been officially warned
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Thread Information