Post Thanks / Like

Consistency of Pro Polish?

I`m wondering if I got a bad bottle of Pro Polish. What type of consistency is it supposed to be? Is it like an SSR thickness or is it supposed to be watery? The bottle I have is almost the same consistency as say a bottle of tire gel, but more watery. I tried using it with a PC, but it soaked right into the pad, leaving none on the surface.

The bottle also shows 2 layers of product, a light colored oil raises to the top of the bottle while the white liquid stays on the bottom.

I`m also having some trouble buffing it off of the paint. I used SSR1 on one side of my hood and PP on the other and the SSR1 was quite easy to buff off, while the PP grabbed at the MF towel. Both were applied with a PC pad.

Is this the way it`s supposed to be or not? Am I doing something wrong on the application maybe?

Just wondering...

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Polish is probably Poorboy`s most finicky product. However, once you learn how to use it effectively, it becomes one of the most versatile items in your arsenal.

PP has a watery texture. The ingredients will normally separate if left to sit for awhile. Many detailing products do this; you just may not realize it if they don`t come packaged in clear bottles. Just shake well for a few seconds, and it`s ready for use. You only need a few drops of product to cover a 2`x2` section. Almost everyone who uses the PP applies WAY TOO MUCH, the first time. In this case, less is much better. Work the product until it hazes, and then allow it to fully dry (a few minutes) before wiping off the residue.

Post Thanks / Like
    My PP is thinner than SSR1 and it separates. Shake a few times before use and it is ready to go.

I use a PC to apply either and they both buff on and off easily, SSR1 disolves into the paint and there is not a lot left to wipe off

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m probably using too much product. I just got it recently and haven`t used it more than 2 times.

Thanks for the responses!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not used it except for once. I like the SSR`s and never really see a need for the PP.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes as awd330 said most people use way too much..it is the most versitile and under-rated product of all...a couple drops will cover a large area...most people who have had trouble usually have soaked their pads and then it will be a bear to work with...less is better with this product and it will achieve very clean and clear results...most people also let it dry before buffing, but if used correctly, it will just disappear like the SSRs....this product also has no oils, those are solvents you see rising to the top and the heavier polish is at the bottom...it does chemical cleaning vs abrasive cleaning and is a fovorite among those with great paint jobs, chrome, and aluminum wheels, as it does not induce any marring as it`s cleaning....shake well and it becomes a perfect mixture....
    check the poorboy`s world forum...a few pages back and you will find many similar experiences to yours and then it becomes an indespesible product from your arsenal of products....
    There is also a thread going on now called 4* by TQB ...where he did his wheels...feel free to pm him with questions too, as Tommy is a great guy...(met him at Carlisle last year)
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Yes as awd330 said most people use way too much..it is the most versitile and under-rated product of all...a couple drops will cover a large area...most people who have had trouble usually have soaked their pads and then it will be a bear to work with...less is better with this product and it will achieve very clean and clear results...most people also let it dry before buffing, but if used correctly, it will just disappear like the SSRs....this product also has no oils, those are solvents you see rising to the top and the heavier polish is at the bottom...it does chemical cleaning vs abrasive cleaning and is a fovorite among those with great paint jobs, chrome, and aluminum wheels, as it does not induce any marring as it`s cleaning....shake well and it becomes a perfect mixture....
    check the poorboy`s world forum...a few pages back and you will find many similar experiences to yours and then it becomes an indespesible product from your arsenal of products....
    There is also a thread going on now called 4* by TQB ...where he did his wheels...feel free to pm him with questions too, as Tommy is a great guy...(met him at Carlisle last year)
    Wow, a couple drops!? I probably used that times 100!

I do like the results. You`re right that it does leave a clear finish.
    Last edited by bossplaya; 06-22-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Poorboy
    [B under-rated product of all...

PP is never underated in my book........it`s my favorite!!

Shake well, use small amounts, work it in with the PC = great shine! A step up from SSR1...imo

Somewhat painfull experience has taught me that All liquid car care products NEED to be shaken well.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve it was nice to meet you to last year.

It cant be stated enough how little of the PP you really need to get it to work.
    This has to be one of the most versitile products on the market.
    Once you get the hang of it, you will use it more and more and probably find even some places that it hasnt been tried yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup - count me as a PP lover (that sounds perverse ).

a lil- no a very lil- no a tiny lil ! will go a long way.
    You have activated my special ability....

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOO This thread really makes me want to try out my PP. I just got it today. It even has a "shake well" sticker on the side. :cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 91LSMAN
    OOOOOO This thread really makes me want to try out my PP. I just got it today. It even has a "shake well" sticker on the side. :cool
    you are going to love it I use it all the time every car that have done since I got pp gets a coat of it.
    My biggest challenge is trying not to wash my car. Is that a problem.

Thread Information