Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Souveran longevity.....

According to autogeek.com ...Liquid Souveran has a "polymer like" quality ( I am not calling it a polymer) for longer lasting effectiveness. Similar to a sealents` lasting ability... Are you guys not "seeing" this effectiveness, ie:longevity? please advise....thanks....
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Boss_429
    CrobarCars,

I recently got a chance to try a little LS, and it seems to have more durability than Souveran paste? Of course, Souveran paste is never going to win any durability contests either.

I doubt that it`s going to come anywhere near the longevity of a "good" polymer............. but who knows? Maybe somebody who has been using it for a while can comment?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Liquid Souveran and top it off with Pinnacle Signature Series. I think the Pinnacle Signature Series Wax is almost as good as Souveran, for about half the $ and much better then P21s. You got to love it!!!!!!!!!!:mohawk

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe, if you wish to save a few more $$.... I believe the Pinnacle Signature Series is the same product as the Pinnacle Cycle Paste.(.....looks like P21S/S100 strategy!) The cycle paste came out first and then the Signature series followed. The cycle paste is very soft, smooth and luxurious to the feel. I used it and almost completed waxing the whole car before I forgot to buff. I couldn`t stop ~ the wax was that effortless to apply....went back and the buffing was a breeze a good 20 mins after I hit the initial start area. It gave a deep texture to a dark midnight blue. There was nothing reflective about it at all. It was a true deep , rich color.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Pinnacle Signature Series that I haven`t even touched yet. What`s the durability on it?
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use about a gallon a year of Pinnacle LS on my customer`s cars. It lasts about three months which IMO, about twice as long as Souveran, which I use on my car.

one brain short of a ...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by membim
    I use about a gallon a year of Pinnacle LS on my customer`s cars. It lasts about three months which IMO, about twice as long as Souveran, which I use on my car.
    is appearance significant between ls and paste, sorry if the question is dull, i`m a fan of #26 yellow tech and want something deeper and more liquid. i`d be willing to shell out for the souveran paste if it`s truely that much better.

jason

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    CrobarCars,

I think you may be hard pressed to get a "durability/longevity" response out of this crowd, myself included. From what I can tell, there aren`t many here who can go a month without adding a coat or completely starting over.

I can say that LS is one of the easiest products I have ever used. Easy on, easy off. Leaves a wonderful appearance.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Griz
    is appearance significant between ls and paste, sorry if the question is dull, i`m a fan of #26 yellow tech and want something deeper and more liquid. i`d be willing to shell out for the souveran paste if it`s truely that much better.

jason
    I too was (still am to an extent) a big fan of Megs #26 paste. IMO, if you`re looking to take it to the next level in depth of shine and reflectivity and still stay in the carnauba market, look at P21s/S100, Trade Secret or Poorboy`s Natty Wax. The first two will be deeper and the Natty Wax will be more clearly reflective. You`ll save a lot of $$ with either of those three over Pinnacle Souveran.

I`ve used LS and IMO, it doesn`t compare to those three.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

I`ve used LS and IMO, it doesn`t compare to those three.

Natty
    Natty,

Have you tried the "new" LS............. it`s a lot different than the original.................. and much, much better!

Post Thanks / Like
    CrobarCar
    I called Jason @ autogeek and he says that Pinnacle SS is much more like Soveran then Paste Glaz. I never liked Paste Glaze as much as Souveran, but it was a little out of my $ range. When I compare the SS to the Souveran I can tell you they are had to tell the drifferance.

Post Thanks / Like
    weekender - thanks ...I think like all detailing products "opinion" and Experience will win out. It was another autogeek rep that told me the Cycle Paste and the Signature were alike :huh.......I need more cars to work on......errrr......more "patients" to see in my office!
    Last edited by CrobarCars; 03-24-2004 at 12:39 AM.
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I can tell, there aren`t many here who can go a month without adding a coat or completely starting over.
    I find myself int he same boat.......
    crobarcars@yahoo.com

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Natty,

Have you tried the "new" LS............. it`s a lot different than the original.................. and much, much better!
    Hmmm, didn`t know there was a "new" LS :dunno . Guess that is what I get for being out of the loop for so long. Are you saying "new" LS is up to the level of P21s, TS and/or Natty`s? If so, is that in appearance, longevity or both?

On a different note.......time to dust off the fly-rods again!
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    Hmmm, didn`t know there was a "new" LS :dunno . Guess that is what I get for being out of the loop for so long. Are you saying "new" LS is up to the level of P21s, TS and/or Natty`s? If so, is that in appearance, longevity or both?

On a different note.......time to dust off the fly-rods again!
    Natty,

Well, as you know............. that depends on the eye of the viewer. I can tell you that I like the new LS much more than the old LS. To me, it has a different "liquid" like look. Where P21S is very wet, and TS is "shinny", the LS kind of looks like somebody poored a coating of liquid (no pun intended) on the paint. Reminds me of the look one gets when doing a good polishing with a rotary buffer and a fine polish. Of course, this is over top of Souveran................ so more testing is required.

As for the different note............ Yep!

Thread Information