Post Thanks / Like

Newbie question about wheels

I have a set of Weld Sidewinders that have been neglected for a year due to a trip to the middle east for me. Not sure if they are coated or not but I dont think so. I am looking to polish and seal them. Lookinig for product advice/suggestions. They mostly have some stains which look like tire dressing that was allowed to sit and some oxidization. Anyway to make a long story short I need helpo on the best way to clean and protect them for good.

RT
    RT

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ram, welcome to The City!!

I am an aluminum nut case!! I have literally spent $200+ on aluminum polish products in the past two years. The best I have found is Adam`s Polishes Aluminum Polish. It is essentially made for all metals *(safe to them). To make it even more powerful, I will use a Luster Lace or Nevr Dull wadding and saturate it with the Adam`s to apply. The absolute best part about it is the fact that Adam`s has a 110% guarantee on it....if you don`t like it, he`ll pay you to ship it back! www.adamspolishes.com

From there, I would suggest protecting with Poorboy`s EX-P. It is a pure polymer, so you will get better durability out of it. A simple carnuba based wax will burn off with ease. www.premiumautocare.com and don`t forget the 10% discount code "detailcity" when it prompts you to. Actually, EX-P is so new that you would have to call in for it, but you can still get your 10% off.

Hope this starts you off, and definitely post some pics of them when you have completed them.

P.S. DC went through a "revamp" about a month ago and some pictures got deleted, some didn`t. Click on my gallery to see if my Before/After shots are on there from my Vette`.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick,

Thanks for the info. Is there anyone else out there who likes a different product or method. I am looking for a variety of opinions so I can make a good choice.

Thanks
    RT
    RT

Thread Information