Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Anthony.

Anthony,

THanks for the post. I really do enjoy seeing the end results of your work, all of us have someone to look up to in their field. And while detailing may not be my "primary" field, it is something I work at. You are the one I look to be like, an honest, hard working person whose quality of work speaks volumes for the man behind the rotary. Your last post furthers that as someone who has integrity at the root of it all. Thanks for the post and sharing of insight.

-Matt
    ------------------------------------------
    Matt - A part timer!!!

Leader of the Banned windsor the troll's Avatar
    I would have gotten away with it again if it wasn't for you meddling kids! ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by detaled by hans
    Anthony, wondering why you had to mention that you paid for "ALL" your products from Irene and Dewayne..... has there been a problem ????
    Because there is a LOT of "forum advertisers" that get freebies for selling or endorsing sub-standard products and pushing certain products on the forum. Everyone but the "newbies" know who they are and what is going on by the numerous emails I have received about this very problem.

"Hey this is Dwayne stepping in. Yeah! Everyone is just cryin the blues to windsor and sending you emails! No one even knew who you were! Now they do! "

I am glad Anthony has his integrity and is not a "sell out" for free stuff or money like so many others and can give a fair reveiw..., no matter the brand name or who happens to be selling it.
    Whatever you do..., don`t say anything negative about anything at detail city or the "store" or you will syrely get booted out..., they sure can`t handle any competition or anyone saying anything positive about a product they do not sell or have a hand in...,
    IT`S ALL ABOUT GREED!!!

THANKS ANTHONY!!!
    :band

Post Thanks / Like
    Windsor, what facts do you have to prove anything that you are saying?

Can`t handle competition? I am inviting them here to be sponsors and have their own forums! Guess how many have said no and do not want to support Detail City!

What I DO NOT TOLERATE is people spreading false allegations and starting trouble.

If I am not mistaken.... arent their reviews of products that I do not carry here at DC?

Obviously you are looking to start trouble and have a chip on your shoulder.

Get in line or get out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Too late windsor ( Wayne the troll). You have been banned again. I heard that you have been banned on Autopia 2-3 times now too! LOL

Consider yourself an example. Try signing up again and I will ban you again. I will ban your whole city if I have to.

Detail City does not need people who troll or spam.

I personally do not need people who bash me or the way that I do business.

I will also not tolerate any bashing of my forums sponsors as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,THanks for the post. I really do enjoy seeing the end results of your work, all of us have someone to look up to in their field. And while detailing may not be my "primary" field, it is something I work at. You are the one I look to be like, an honest, hard working person whose quality of work speaks volumes for the man behind the rotary. Your last post furthers that as someone who has integrity at the root of it all. Thanks for the post and sharing of insight.-Matt
    Well said Matt !!! I feel the same way after reading Anthony`s response.

:beer
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Hans,

I made or included that comment because there are a few, just a few mind you, that feel I push certain products because I get them for free, no matter if they are good or not. This though is untrue. I do get sent "samples" from time to time and yes Irene will send me something to "test" out for her, for example she sent me a new wheel/tire brush combo to test out and I had to be honest with her after testing it and said it just would not work. She was dissapointed but we came up with ways to improve it and make it work. Dwayne has sent me a few things to "test" and I have done so but in the future I don`t expect freebies because I did so (by the way Dwayne, check`s in the mail )

I use my full name on all the forums I visit and post on because I feel that makes me have to be more responsible for the things I say, the advice I give and the products I recommend. If I am a jerk or get out of line then everyone, both pro and amateur, know who I am and the little reputation I have has been ruined.

Matt,

Wow, I had no idea that the things I say and the work I present could have such an effect on someone. Your kind words are very humbling indeed and only enforce what I said or wrote to "hans" and also the post concerning "Bud".

It is Christ Jesus whom I seek to give all the praise to because I do my work, each and every detail, as unto the Lord! This helps me, I pray, to keep a level head.

Thanks again and I hope that this does not distract from the main theme of this thread, sorry if I hijacked it.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    As a product supplier, I may choose from time to time to show my appreciation for an ORDER and give away a new product just to get the product in the hands of the people. Usually the customer has no idea this is coming and I NEVER ask for ANYTHING in return.

In business this is called under promising and over delivering.
    I have many requests from people who ask for product samples and many of them offer to "review" the product in exchange for a free sample.
    In most cases my answer is always no.

Long story short, there is no conspiracy here. You won`t get product bashing out of me. I won`t try to sell you anything. Detail City isn`t about me selling products. I was selling products long before DC exsisted. It is the profit from the products I sell that has made DC possible.

Now I have hijacked this thread too! LOL

Let me go see if windsor has a new alias so I can ban him again.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that Dwayne Needs it ... but

I wanted to chime in for a minute on the "hijacked" version of this thread.

I have spoken with Dwayne many times. I call him for advice on products on a weekly basis. I often ask him about products which are not 4 Star or Platinum products. He gives me a straight answer and often times has directed me to products which support my needs and at times has led me down a path to not buy a particular product because it just was not right for my business needs. This builds trust as I know Dwayne will not mislead me and will not bash a product just because it is not his own. This forum is a nice reflection of Dwayne and the group at Premium! I have certainly experienced some unexpected samples in my orders and these samples were NOT 4 Star Products which is unique in that he chooses to show samples of products he things are worthy. My service to clients is improved by my experiences with Dwayne and I will pay more for this service. (But not too much more, no ideas Dwayne!)

-Matt
    ------------------------------------------
    Matt - A part timer!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to all, Though I am not known to submit many replies I felt that this thread did deserve some comment. I have enjoyed reading this thread for the last few weeks and have wanted to laugh, cry, and at times commit murder. The original posting by Clean Dean was reasonable and I am not sure if he has actually really gotten an answer. I for one, perhaps the only one), will be attending Bud`s seminar in Atlanta..... not because he is such a great guy (and despite his many faults which I believe were best described by Anthony and John) but simply because, 1) It is convenient to me, 2)he has proven to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful to many detailers over the years with his advice and expertise ( though he and I have exchanged numerous e-mails and phone calls because we disagree over various threads in numerous forums) 3) If someone really wants to learn and grow in their endeavors they must be willing to listen and learn from "all" and not limit themselves to only what they want to hear. 4) The price is NOT high for an all day seminar and though I am sure he will offer his companies products for sale (Who would not?)I will be buying nothing. I feel certain that I will learn something of value and hopefully will meet some other detailers and have an opportunity to exchange ideas/tricks of the trade and simply tell our various tales of happiness and sadness over a few beers. The idea is to continue our education and have Fun!!!! Much to the disbelief of some these two words can go together. I appreciate those who offered true, actual and intelligent information and comments to this thread unlike some who gave an opinion on someone or something of which they had little or no knowledge. Though this thread resulted in only one being banned from this forum I feel we all need to be aware of the of the forum rules, particularly #3 and #5. which at times were IMO pushed to their limits in this thread. This is a fantastic forum with many extremely knowledgeable people who, like myself, have moved from other forums in our continuous quest to find a place where the facts are discussed and true professionals and others can exchange ideas, concepts, experiences, and lessons learned without interferance from those who simply feel they have to say "Something" or sell something. Thanks to Dwayne and all those who make this forum work as it is intended. Have a Great Labor Day and Happy detailing to all!!!! PTL

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ron, I would be interested to hear what the seminar is like when you get back. Im just curious what your experience will be like.

Best regards,
    John
    Buy the new jayhawks album!

Post Thanks / Like
    For two years in a row 8-10 detailers from so cal and az. met in Laughlin for an informal detailers convention. We had a great time and may do it for a third time this spring.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have attended more than one training seminar on detailing over the years. Some provide a wealth of information and some are infommercials. Depending on what you hope to get out of them you must try to find out what your paying for. See if there is a written agenda that covers what subjects will be discussed, whether any hands on training will be provided and what are the qualifications of the speaker.
    In Buds case he has a passion for the industry and although he may come off as a high pressure salesman, I tease him and tell him that I consider him a Carnival Barker from days past who did anything possible to get you interested in their show.
    Bus truly puts on a show. Quite often he rubs folks the wrong way. He is somewhat narrow minded regarding competing products. His focus is on making you feel that you will truly benefit by using his products. He is a manufacture! That is what a manufacture does to promote sales. Bud has some good information is you listen closely. Sure he is not going to promote his competition, but why should he. In any show, convention, or seminar you will always have the (pitch), that is why the experts are there. Those events are not charity. Anyone offering their expert advise, traveling to a location, preparing for the session has a reason. It is understandable that they want to receive a benefit as well as offer one.
    The value of what you receive depends on what you want. In every case you can receive some value if you listen closely. I decided years ago that I can learn how to do something either more efficiently, quicker or better no matter what the class. Quite often the detailing seminar may have very little benefit, but I always found something of value to take with me.
    You can find at least a hundred offers of classes, seminars, training or just advise on any given day. You may ask the opinions of those that have attended these offerings. You will get just as many opinions of the value of any of these. You will find none that please or displease everyone. You may very well attend because you need info on removing swirl marks, another may attend to seek info on removing stains from leather seats. Whether both, one or either of you leave feeling your questions were answered depends on what your preconceptions were of the seminar to begin with and whether you were swayed during the class.
    I have been at Buds and I have attended a two day class in Cincinnati taught by Ron Ketcham and Tim Brune at Automotive International. I felt that I learned more in two days than I had in over 30 years of detailing. The class was very technically oriented by looking closely at what the chemical composition of paint truly is and based on that was taught what elements can effect the finish and what procedures can repair any damage. It was also shown when and how to tell when the damage is beyond repair which very few seminars will ever admit.
    If you are interested in the class I just mentioned you can find the schedule at http://www.autoint.com. Many of you will also feel that Ron is very strong in his opinions. He is but I prefer his style of quick straight answers and no dog and pony show. He may mention that he has a product that can assist in your effort but he never pushes it and has never cut me down when I mention what brand I use. He also does not cruise every forum looking to promote his product. His posts are straight and to the point, no messages that you should call him.
    I will also mention that he will not tell you how to promote you business, market, or offer any advise on how to corner the market. Bud goes for the entire realm of carwashing and detailing, were Ron deals exclusively with the technical aspects.
    Just wanted to express another view. I agree with Diane and her experience attending Buds offerings. I also agree that many do not like the same offerings. Just know that you usually get exactly what you expect out of most experiences. If you allow others to sway you by their bashing of others you will be disappointed too. If you go to this or any other seminar because you want to learn you will come home with something of value.
    You be the judge. Don`t let the negatives stop you from learning.
    OLDER & WISER.

South Atlanta Details AtlantaBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    $250-$350 fo` a detail??? You have got to be kidding me......I love Detail City.....And hey am I the only one that went to Meguiar`s Detail classes?? I paid $600 about 6 years ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information