Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Zymol Estate Waxes

I am considering the Zymol Concours Estate Wax for my Caddy EXT. I would like to hear from those who have used this product as to durability and shine as well as ease of application. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people here are not fans of Zymol. I love the zymol estate waxes - I use vintage every time for my car. It is an excellent topper - at least for white. However they are very expensive. Zymol, from my experience, gives an amazing clarity and depth to the paint. It leaves an excellent feel - just like silk and allows amazing water beading. The wax gives great protection but only for a limited time. Zymol reccomends waxing at least once a month. The product smells great, but the application if quite slow and somtime annoying - esp if you are around the sun or the temperature is below 65 degrees. So if durability and ease of application, I would say look into another brand. P21S/S100 makes a great carnuba wax that is much cheaper and is similar in performance. It easier to apply and lasts a little longer. Also, I would suggest a sealant for more protection - like Poorboy`s EX!

Sorry that was long but I hope it helps!
    1998 Acura 3.0Cl - Clean, just how I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the come back. I have seen the P21s products but have never come across the the
    Poorboys`s EX--can you tell me where to look for it. By the way my EXT is the White Diamond and I used to live in Charlotte(jusy comment in passing)

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Bill, you can go to PremiumAutoCare.com to find all your Poorboy`s products, don`t forget that you get a 10% discount

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got Vintage and I`m not too impressed with it. It looks great for about 2 weeks and then its gone. I did the math a year or so ago and determined that if you were to use Vintage enough to go through a jar per year for 40 years then it would be worth using. If not then you would be better off using something like S100. If you are just using it for your own car then you would have to wax your car every week to make it worth your money. $1500 is a lot of money to spend on a jar of wax.

Some of the lower end Zymol waxes in the $50 dollar range I hear are nice. When I read about people using them they usually compare them to the likes of Pinnacle Souveran or Paste Glaz. I would imagine that they are at least equal to those. Something else that I have learned from people in the `know` is that Zymol is incredibly over hyped and there isn`t much that goes into a jar of their wax. They charge up the ying yang because they have impressed on people that Zymol is the King of waxes and if you want a show winning car then you must use it. I think that most show winners have moved up to synthetics by now anyway, so that can`t still be as true as it once was.

If you want to see through the hype and try them out for yourself, then there is a great sampler you can buy from them that has a 4 ounce jar of each of the Estate waxes. I think its 4 ounces anyway... I could be wrong. It is a sweet little kit though. I`ve seen it on eBay a time or two. Personally I wouldn`t mind having one myself just so my collection is nice and well rounded. lol I figure if Vintage is the best they can do then I`m better off with my Souveran and S100.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    For that price, you can buy a lot of other products and build a nice little collection. More money does not always equal better resuults. Often the differences are minute and a difference can only be seen if you`ve experienced the other products. I`d rather see you go with something along the lines of P21S/S100 or even step up to Pinnacle Paste Glaz or Souveran and see what results you get there.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`d suggest buying Pinnacle Souveran and spending money on some other detailing supplies. Not to say the Zymöl isn`t a good product, but Zymöl Estate isn`t a practical wax to use.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who don`t know how to build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    `Estate` isn`t a wax. Its a catagory of waxes. The `Estate` waxes consist of several different types of waxes ranging from 50 bucks to 1500 bucks. I think `Estate` must translate to "expensive as hell` in Zymoleese. :hurl

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to look up Zymol`s Royale Twin Glaze. It has a price tag of 5570.00. I wonder if we can get a group discount?
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - hey fi you can find some i would go in with ya - lol - well i dont know where i could come up with that much money though! Does it even sell anywhere - i have never seen it sold. Is it like for special show cars and the employees at zymol or something?
    1998 Acura 3.0Cl - Clean, just how I like it!

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this on the Zymol website. So far I can find no information on it.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a search on Google about the Zymol Royale once. One page had a paragraph about it saying something like it is special order. It was an custom mage for Bugatti back in the 1930`s or something like that and you get 44 oz. with free refills (I think). Not worth it IMO because I think I read somewhere that they haven`t changed the formula, and I am sure that wax formulas have come a long way (probably anyway).

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres my two cents (maybe less). I have used all the products discussed on this forum at one time or another and still love trying new things as they come out- “Nano” wax? Right! Anyway…Zymol is good wax. It’s the only real wax that I have used that produces absolutely no white dust. Yes, I have tried PSS and there was some dust. Zymol also does not attract very much dust either when fully cured, not as good as synthetics but close. Zymol is also the only wax company that discloses the actual percentage of carnuba in their products. I have often wondered why this is. I mean all things equal if carnuba is the stuff that is producing the shine then it would make sense that the product with the most content would work the best. That said I think the directions on the jars are ridiculous. They want you to lightly buff the surface immediately after applying. When you do that most of your wax is on your rag not your car! :angry They also strongly advise against allowing Zymol to dry on the surface. In my experience and I may be wrong (I often am), I believe this is because that Zymol has such a high carnuba content that when you do let it dry on it’s so fricking hard to buff it off you kill yourself trying. I think they know this and rather than lower the carnuba content they give you those crazy directions. It also makes you use up the product faster. So the bottom line is their marketing strategy is actually quite cunning because 1) They advertise that they have a very high carnuba content. 2) They give you ridiculous directions so you don’t realize just how hard the product is to use. 3) You use up the product twice as fast as you should. Interesting theory, Huh? :-p

Now after all of that you would imagine I would not use Zymol, but I do once in awhile. I put it on as I would any other wax and let it dry. You have to let it dry considerably longer than any other wax, a couple of hours. It does not haze up quickly like other waxes. Sometimes I just let it sit over night. Then I use a rotary with terry cloth and micro fiber bonnets to take it off. Finishing up with a final buff with a micro fiber cloth by hand. The rotary is really the only way you are going to get it off with out literally spending an hour of very hard rubbing. Maybe a DA would work too, but I don’t own one. Why do I go through that when there are much easier products available? Well I think it gives a very good finish, not just a shine but a finish, a finish I can reactivate with a little moisture and heat (buffing). It’s not quite like burnishing a floor or buffing your boots but close. On a floor or your boots once you have a few layers of wax present all you need is a little moisture and heat to bring back a shine. As I said before It’s not quite the same, because you are not going to be able to get as many layers built up like you would on a floor or your boots (and I don’t think a 1/64 of an inch of wax on your hood would look very good anyway) but it does work.

So all in all I think it`s very good stuff if used correctly. But as far as easy? No way! The easiest is to have the local fund raising cheerleading squad wax your car while you watch.:cool

Now I know most people around here hate Zymol for various reasons but I thought I would just throw that out there for the hell of it.

Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    That Estate Kit might be a good birthday present for me from the girlfriend? But then when her friends ask, "What did you get Nick for his birthday?" and then she says "$200 wax". :lol

Who knows, but it sounds interesting!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to sound like a ...

Zymol hater (I am not) , but... My personal opinion is I have not found any wax or sealant ( tried quite a few in my day) worth over $100 for a couple of onces. And some of these waxes at $1500 !!! This protective barrier (isn`t that what a wax truly is ?) better come with a scratch, chip, and swirl resistant guarantee for 25 years or the life of the vehicle. :-p

Nick ... For $200 you could really stock up on some other great waxes/sealants in gallon sizes !!!

Just my 2 cents.
    No buff to tuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information