Post Thanks / Like

Angry Cancellation Charges

I had a guy stand me up for a wash and wax this morning. I pickup the cars at a local watering hole. The first car was the owner of the bar, then I was to meet the next guy there at noon and do his car in the afternon, he was a no show.

I`ve done his car quite a few times before but this no show crap really gets me pissed off. I get the feeling at times that some people look at this as a hobby and no reguard for my time.

What do you think that I should so.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Argh...that really gets my goat! I haad a guy cancel on me not too long ago but he never told me either. I showed up at his house and he answers the door in his robe!

I say charge him a 20% cancelation fee!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

been there done that

unfortunately there is not much you can do with out a deposit or credit card....you can blow him off next time or charge him more
    or you could have back up people who were waiting to be fit in ...like a doctors office...I still have people calling and it`s quite funny that i said to this one lady ,I`m retired and she says ,"Are you sure you can`t do my car"
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: been there done that

Originally posted by Poorboy
    funny that i said to this one lady ,I`m retired and she says ,"Are you sure you can`t do my car"
    LOL that`s one of the funniest things i`ve heard in a while. I HATE cancelations. In the shop that means not only lost buisness but cost! I have to get parts retruned as well and others need to rework the next three week schedual! It`s soooo very fustrating. If it were not bad for buizz i would just say refuse to do his car anymore. But I`d insist on a 20% cancelation fee from now on with a signiture or a deposit. Just be sure to make sure if than cancel far enough in advance that you give them there money back right away.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t cancel an appointment with The Fuzz. Cancellations can prove to be most uncomfortable. Poorchild is correct about the needing a deposit and all that. Unless they signed a contract ahead of time it becomes hard to enforce the verbal agreement. Just leave them your card and let them know that you are an expert at getting baloney stains off their car if something like that were to happen to them.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    Just leave them your card and let them know that you are an expert at getting baloney stains off their car if something like that were to happen to them.

roflmao
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Detail City Fire Rescue Gonzo0903's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

cancellations...

Cancellations are many times beyond one`s control. As a firefighter, I have had to cancel appointments that I have made with my clients due to being held over for incidents, working overtime, etc. I have also cancelled cars due to weather.

I have had client cancellations for various reasons. If someone cancels, I just make another appointment for them.

If someone is a "chronic cancellation problem".... just say no.
    2007 Ford Edge, 2006 Mustang GT, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2001 Ford F150 Supercrew, 2001 Ford Mustang... A clean car is a happy car!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very frustrating when you get a no show. It is part of the business however. I am not sure that you can get a cancelation charge to work. I have been in this business for a long time. I try to have a couple of good customers on a "short notice" deal. give them a discount for being on this list as a token of appreciation works for me

Post Thanks / Like
    I am lucky enough right now that I love to get a cancelation, it gives me some time off. Sometimes it is a nice suprize.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am lucky enough right now that I love to get a cancelation, it gives me some time off. Sometimes it is a nice suprize.

I agree with the above quote. I actually look forward to cancellations... If I`m really hard up for work on that particular day though, I do car washes... Being mobile is awesome! I`m like one of those Aboriginal hunters/gatherers. I can easily make a few hundred bucks just by pulling up to a real estate office, hospital, or law firm and washing cars in the parking lot.

As far as a cancellation charge - I`ve never even tried to do that. I don`t think I`d have much success with it.

Onthespot

Post Thanks / Like
    Well for those of you that have more cars than time big kodo`s to you. For me its hardly that way and when someone disregaurds my time that makes me mad.

As to what can I do not much, but I will have a talk with him about my time - vs his. If I loose this customer over that then its not worth my time anyway.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Just Move On

Right now, you are the good guy, he is the bad guy. Being the good guy is much better for your business reputation. Just forget about this particular occurance, but keep it in mind if you deal with him again. Don`t stiff him like he did you, just be booked up for a few weeks. If he books and doesn`t show up again, just write him off and don`t bother to even schedule him after that.

Charles

Thread Information