Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    detail

Microfiber towel supplier?

Anyone ever get towels from this company http://www.vaporcleanproducts.com/magic.htm? If so were they good quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their best ultra plush towels (20 for $55) are as good as any i`ve seen. Stock up before they figure out everyone is selling the same towels for twice as much.

Boss_429
    Hmmmmmmm............ very interesting those gold ultra`s look very similar to a towel that one vendor is selling for $6.50 each!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, very competative prices.

Let us know if you order from them, and tell us your experience. If people have dealt with this company before, i may consider making a purchase too.

-Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Their web site makes me wonder how on top of it they are as a company. They`re still advertising holiday specials.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally do not know anything about the technology that goes into microfiber but I would assume that all microfiber towels are all the same material and what sets them apart is the percentage of polyester to polymide and the thickness or "Nap". That site sells 70/30 split and 75/25 split. I picked up a 5 pack of 70/30 split from walmart to try them out and they hold about as much water as a rock. Plus they feel really catchy on my hands (i have rough hands).

The 80/20 I have from premium auto absorbs allot more and do not feel catchy on my hands.

Just my opinion.

detail
    I have some from Walmart and they are not very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 89GTA
    I ...I would assume that all microfiber towels are all the same material...
    You need to do a search here and on other sites and you will find out how wrong you are!
    Leo

1986 El Camino
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
    1999 Cadillac Seville
    1951 Fiat 500C

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DFTowel
    You need to do a search here and on other sites and you will find out how wrong you are!
    DFTowel, Per your instructions I did a search in the forums. Pretty much the only thing I found was that "Good quality towels have 80,000 fibers per square inch". Also some prefered towels from korea and some from china. That is all left up to personall preference.

As I stated before, "all microfiber towels are made from the same material". No matter where you buy it from the tag will say %polyester / %polymide. Some may be woven tighter than other corners cleaner whatever.

So I do not think I was Wrong in the statement that was made. I was giving Detail my experience with the different mix in material. Everything else is personal preference.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :bigscream :eek ..notthe dreaded mf debate again

all mf are not created equal ....leo makes "mf" that is all natural or cotton called DFTowel

yes the rest are all made with ---% polyester/ ---%polyamide ...there aresome pure Polyamide ones too...

as an example of how there is difference in these same content % ...look at wool ..some wool suits are extremely soft and very comfortable to wear..other are rough and are very uncomfortable ..same with cotton ...the process they go through ..whether they are split or not and most of all quality control will seperate products....plushness and denseness(if those are words:dunno) do also play a part in the equation....some people can also notice the difference in absorbing liquids and qd`s ..there subtle and large differences from mfg to mfg...and then there`s the whole other debate of china vs Korea vs Leo(usa) ...I`m getting dizzy:crazy :hippi
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    the material might be the same, but the way the material is stiched and put together can be different, thus creating differences in towel. also think about buying bead sheets, a 400 thread count regular cotton sheet may not be as soft as a 400 thread count egyptian cotton sheet, but each label will read 100% cotton. so different types of polymide/polyester will make a different towel.

*edit* it looks like steve said exactly what i said, but he hit that submit button first :lol :boohoo
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 89GTA
    DFTowel, Per your instructions I did a search in the forums. Pretty much the only thing I found was that "Good quality towels have 80,000 fibers per square inch". Also some prefered towels from korea and some from china. That is all left up to personall preference.

As I stated before, "all microfiber towels are made from the same material". No matter where you buy it from the tag will say %polyester / %polymide. Some may be woven tighter than other corners cleaner whatever.

So I do not think I was Wrong in the statement that was made. I was giving Detail my experience with the different mix in material. Everything else is personal preference.
    89GTA - DC had a number of very comprehensive threads concerning MF towel composition, construction, and quality. Unfortunately, most of them went :bye during the recent "pushed the wrong button" incident.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is better than the Zymol debates.

Try Rightlook.com. They have quality sheeeeite at a great price if you buy in bulk. Less than $2 per towel. Not only that their customer service department is hell of cool. Had to make an exchange (my fault) and they were great.

On the subject of all of the supposedly different or higher quality of towels out there what you really have to ask yourself is:
    1) How much would a sane person spend on a rag to wipe of a car with? Oh my god! Did he really say that? Sacrilege!
    2) Is a $7 towel really 2-3 times better and do a 2-3 times better job and will it last 2-3 times longer than a $2 towel?
    3) Could that chick I brought home last night really tell those weren’t Egyptian cotton sheets? :cool

I think the smart thing is too strike a balance between functionality, economy, quality and quantitative quality.

Just my two cents (maybe less).

Peace

PS That picture of TheFuzz on the main page is from 20 years ago, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    :bigscream :eek ..notthe dreaded mf debate again

...and then there`s the whole other debate of china vs Korea vs Leo(usa) ...
    Oh my God! I`m my own country!!
    Leo

1986 El Camino
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
    1999 Cadillac Seville
    1951 Fiat 500C

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy one from every source you can find and you`ll see that the difference in quality is very noticeable.

You can argue all day but when you experience it first hand there is simply nothing to argue about. There ARE huge differences in quality. Period.

You can argue all day about the type of material used and the thread count and on and on and on but if you just get some you`ll see huge differnces.

For instance.....get a DF towel and you won`t believe your eyes/hands. So soft and plush that you`ll have trouble believing it. They are so nice I hate to use mine!

pakshak towels are beautiful. Very soft and plush. Compare them with the cheap ones and you`ll be shocked.

Argue all you want but once you`ve EXPERIENCED quality you`ll not argue any more.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information