Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

If there were 3 products?

If there were 3 Products you couldn`t do without for paint management what would they be and why? Everything else in your arsanel would be generic!

Please post as to why you couldn`t do without! Even if its because you have formed a loving relationship and couldn`t just walk away!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a huge fan of Poorboys products, I think that ones that I have learned to relie on are

Polish with carnuba its a great product that you can use as an AIO or as a starter for layering.

PB EX great sealant with a warm glow to the finish

PB trim restorer for the rubber and trim althought this is not a paint product it is one that I use on the outside apperance of the car!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could not live without my Klasse AIO. That would be number one on the list. In fact, if I had to narrow it down to one product then I would still have it be AIO. It cleans and shines and protects in one step. Its easy to work with and I love it. I`m sure that other products can do that too, but AIO is the one I have used the most and I trust it.

Next up would be probably Four Star UPP. That would give me mega shine and I would never be unhappy on any colored car regarding shine, gloss and durablity. UPP is a kickass product that I couldn`t live without for long. Wolfgang is up there, but I`ve been using UPP for a few years now and I haven`t found anything to replace it yet. Not even Wolfgang.

Thirdly I think I would have to have some kind of QD. That one would be tough to choose. It would be a toss-up between Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe, Four Star Spray Wax or Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer. I really don`t know how I would choose. It would depend on what I was going to need it for. If it was to be used as a QD to clean the car then I would use the Spray and wipe. Most likely I would choose the GE over the Spray Wax because I don`t really like having wax on the car if I`m going to be using UPP a lot. I use Spray wax under the hood and in door jambs and stuff like that. I know its not going to last long under the hood, but car show judges don`t know that. Actually, I think I`ve narrowed it down just by thinking it over and I think the Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer edges everybody else out just a bit. Superior shine and sparkle combined with a great smell and ease of use makes it a tad bit more desirable than the others if I had to choose only one. Fortunately I don`t have to choose just one and I`ll keep myself well supplied with all three. :naughty
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything from the PoorBoys line. I found out about Poorboys products last year and after using it some and trying other products, I was hooked on Poorboys. Starting with the clay bar and spray and wipe through the SSR`s, Pro Polish, EX and EX-P (depending on light or dark car) to the Natty`s wax. The Natural look and Bold and Brite are great too. Why??? They All Work!!!! Easy to use, Can be used in sun or shade, Easy to remove even if you missed a spot and found it hours later. The shine it gives off is phenomenal and they are really resonably priced when you compare them to other products.

I will be posting before and after photos of my GTO in the future. I have used many many different products in the past and right now in the middle of redoing the shine using only Poorboys products. I have clay barred the car and have done SSR2 and SSR1 at this point. I took the car out the other night and my friends at a local cruise thought I had repainted the car. When I told them that I was only at the swirl removal part of it and there was no wax or polish on the car they could not believe it and cannot wait to see the finished product. Neither can I as I am amazed that it looks better at this point than when I had it at shows last year where where I have won many trophys. The only thing I can say is if you have not tried Poorboys products yet then you should.
    1969 GTO Judge 2002 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in NY are you GTO?

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys SSR1->removes the majority of surface defects that my vehicles get and leaves a nice wet & glossy look

Poorboys EX->combo of wax&sealant, long lasting, and further enhances the wet,glossy look

Poorboy`s S&W->so many uses and saves me water since we have water restrictions

The PBs line is my choice due to price, ability to be used in sun or shade, and easy removal of the products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kingston NY. Why? Where in NY are you Dalton (By the way, one of my favorite movies)
    1969 GTO Judge 2002 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I would say,

Poorboys S&W, for obvious reasons. I love it.

#80 speed glaze because it removes swirls and blemishes and leaves the paint very wet and deep. I also find it very versatile in terms of application hand, PC, rotary.

NXT, it lasts for 30 days and looks best on my paint(both cars).
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 69 GTO Judge
    Kingston NY. Why? Where in NY are you Dalton (By the way, one of my favorite movies)
    I am in Putnam County. Dated a girl from Kingston/Woodstock when I was at Marist. Nice area. One of my all time favs as well. Who was "cooler" than Patrick Swayze back then?

Post Thanks / Like
    clay,polish and a sealant.. i use a different brand than most here but it doesnt matter .those three products give top notch results
    back in buisness baby

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys SSR1
    Wolfgang Sealant
    Poorboys S&W

Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to pick only three when I have over 500 in my warehouse to choose from!

Can I have 3 of each?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sugarfree Red Bull
    AIO and UPP - that`s all I need.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe

Poorboy`s Mega Plush Microfiber

Poorboy`s EX

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dwayne
    I refuse to pick only three when I have over 500 in my warehouse to choose from!

Can I have 3 of each?
    lol Unfortunate to the rest of the detailing public most of us don`t have the ability to just walk into work (or any local shop for that matter) and pick up everything we need doing one stop shopping!!

However...

My reason for the post was I thought it would be intresting to see what everyone uses most. And as a detailer couldn`t do without. It keeps it to the basics as well. I know that it would be difficult to detail a car on three products but to the average guy who just wants to be able to get an outstanding finnsh on a budget its good information!

But being that you have your warehouse .... your entitled to as many prodcuts you want!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information