Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megs Help

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Megs Help

I hate to be negative, but every time I use Megs products it seems the results are worse than when I started. I`ve been using #7 polish followed by #26 wax. I spend the following week trying to remove what you guys call "blush". This combination seems to constantly bleed out and become somewhat hazy and greasy. Also, I haven`t seen a great deal of swirl removal capabilities. I`m using a PC and so far have not been impressed with this combination. Thinking of switching to some Poorboys products, possibly SSR2 & EX. The finish I`m working on is a well maintained black 03 Infinity G35.

Any thoughts or suggestions as I seem to have spent a considerable amount of time with results that are less than desirable.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well #7 is not the greatest of glazes, but its okay. And the combo you have should be perfectly fine. My thoughts are that you are not getting the #7 bonded, and are smearing when you remove it. Thus when you apply the #26, its mixing and bonding with #7 at the SAME time (hence the bad looks).

As for swirl removal, these products are not designed to remove swirls WHAT so ever. The SSR2 you mentioned, is designed to do this. Meguairs #9 will also do this.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    blushing is a complex problem that is very exasperating. just when you think you have figured it out BOOOOM it comes back with a vengence let us know what happens

Post Thanks / Like
    I could not disagree more! To me #7 is one of the best products period! But it is a pain to work with if you do not know how to use it properly.

Here is a link to a How To by Mike Phillips on the use of #7.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=23740

Mods: if I can not post a link to another detailing site for information purposes only, please remove.
    Thanks

Tim

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Informative link there! I never knew #7 took so much work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Speed glaze or DACP those will be alot better to work with.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Speed Glaze does contain a high amount of Meguair`s pure polish like #3, #7 and #81. However, DACP does not.

When used properly, #7 Show Car Glaze is hard to beat! IMHO!

Tim

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might try #7 again sometime. Right now I am going to do a full poorboy`s setup the first chance I get.

Post Thanks / Like
    after applying #7, how long should you wait before you put #26 on?

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I have learned some, here goes...

#7 does not "dry" it ahs to be removed. Its basically oil. So once you do the car, go back to the first area and LIGHTLY remove it, do this to each panel, best results with 3 passes of the entire car. Use light ammount each time, very light first time, mild second, and makes sure its all gone on the third. Also, best results acheived with a terry cloth on the first 2 passes, and a MF on the last (since your try to get all of it).

Thats atleast how I understand it now, 2hotford will correct me if im wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    You can apply #26 immediately after wiping off the #7. It will look fantastic!

And Tass (Dan)....

Tim

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No wonder I switched to something I feel is better and has a similar look Sorry, but if I mess up I dont want the product to take it out on my arms. lol Dont get me wrong, #7 is a great product, but the way that article sounded its too time consuming for most mobile detailers. I dont think we would really have time to make 3 passes. Of course I have never had to make 3 passes. I think I will stay with Poorboys

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can always expect my Meguiars lineup to be there, and 2hotford to whip me inline if I screw something up.

But right now, Poorboys is looking GREAT for an easier job. And us fat guys are all about the laziness.

Boss_429
    While I`ve never had a difficult problem with #7 (been using it close to 40 years), I do find that the Meguiar`s Pro Hand Polish is a much easier product to work with on clear-coat finishes, and IMHO, give even more gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that microfiber is an absolute must for preventing streaking and uneveness. No matter what I do with cotton towels I have problems. I don`t know what you`re using, but if you`re not using MF you should consider switching. Also, you might consider polishing prior to using #7. I use Imperial Hand Glaze and I don`t think it would work as well over a non-polished surface. PB`s products are extremely forgiving of weather conditions and technique - I have never seen enthusiast products work more easily and produce such good results. Try the Polish with Carnuba - amazing product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information