Detail City Design Team Willard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cigarette smoke in AC

What is good to remove the smoke smell.
    MY buddy smokes and his ac vents blow out the smell of cigarettes,,
    and what the beast long lasting purfume for the car???

Thanks Guys

I like the idea of having a forum like this on the webb..

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I seen something for mold in the vents once. I also have seen that in cars where people smoke cigars Is there a filter you can replace to get rid of it. ?

I would try the 4Star Scents if you cant do any of the other stuff.
    www.exotiXboard.com

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good call on the filter. If there is a cabin filter you could probably replace that and it would help a ton!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to always get that when gettin rental cars on vacation you turn on the AC and bam that cigar and cigarett smoke you get out of the filter. I seen some stuff you can spray in the A/C lines that will get out all the naysty smells but that was more for the mold side.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently evaluating a product called Non-Smoke located here.
    http://www.dakotaproducts.com/produc...027f9ba8c81d26

So far so good!

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The smoke in the A/C is a problem that plagues detailers. I have successfully removed the smell of smoke out of several cars though. The secret is using multiple products. Fabreeze is your friend when it comes to odor removal. Smoke odor hides in weird places like the headliner and vents and under the seats. Fabreeze can fix that for you. If you can find where the air intake is on the inside of your car (where the air recirculates through) then you can actually spray the fabreeze directly into it and that will clean out your vents for the most part.

The second problem about smoker cars is the ash. The ash carries the scent too. Even if you can get the odor out of the vents and the headliner you are still going to have to sanitize the whole dash and console. Get the ash out of the car and you`ll notice an immediate improvement.

There are these really cool things you can find at Bath and Bodyworks (don`t ask why a macho dude like me was in one of those stores) that plug into your cigarette lighter that work really well at providing a constant scent that can overpower bad odors over time. That might be a good choice of air freshoner system for you to start with. You can graduate down to the tree things in the future, but to start replacing the smoke smell with another then those plug in things might work for you.

Ozium also makes some great air sanitizers that neutralize the bad odors. I think that between using fabreeze under the seats, along the headliners, in the vents, and through the recirculation system then you should be able to eliminate most of the smoke smell from coming back. Doing a deep cleaning on the vinyl surfaces will do even more. At that point its just a matter of getting a pleasant smell in there to replace the soapy clean smell you`ll have after all that cleaning.

edit: oh yeah, and for any of this to work then your buddy is going to have to quit smoking in his car.

Detail City Design Team Willard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I smoke in mine , but I use fabreeze alot,, but he doesn`t smoke that much and he was asking me today when we went to town..

Thanks Guys....

Originally posted by The Fuzz
    The smoke in the A/C is a problem that plagues detailers. I have successfully removed the smell of smoke out of several cars though. The secret is using multiple products. Fabreeze is your friend when it comes to odor removal. Smoke odor hides in weird places like the headliner and vents and under the seats. Fabreeze can fix that for you. If you can find where the air intake is on the inside of your car (where the air recirculates through) then you can actually spray the fabreeze directly into it and that will clean out your vents for the most part.

The second problem about smoker cars is the ash. The ash carries the scent too. Even if you can get the odor out of the vents and the headliner you are still going to have to sanitize the whole dash and console. Get the ash out of the car and you`ll notice an immediate improvement.

There are these really cool things you can find at Bath and Bodyworks (don`t ask why a macho dude like me was in one of those stores) that plug into your cigarette lighter that work really well at providing a constant scent that can overpower bad odors over time. That might be a good choice of air freshoner system for you to start with. You can graduate down to the tree things in the future, but to start replacing the smoke smell with another then those plug in things might work for you.

Ozium also makes some great air sanitizers that neutralize the bad odors. I think that between using fabreeze under the seats, along the headliners, in the vents, and through the recirculation system then you should be able to eliminate most of the smoke smell from coming back. Doing a deep cleaning on the vinyl surfaces will do even more. At that point its just a matter of getting a pleasant smell in there to replace the soapy clean smell you`ll have after all that cleaning.

edit: oh yeah, and for any of this to work then your buddy is going to have to quit smoking in his car.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by admin
    I am currently evaluating a product called Non-Smoke located here.
    http://www.dakotaproducts.com/produc...027f9ba8c81d26

So far so good!
    Are you considering carrying any other Dakota products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly the aerosols.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bow before the Bath and Body Works car scent thingy. It ownz all! I love it in the winter.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Get an ozone Generator. :jump. The febreeze works pretty well im gettin a wierd self my self after extracting the car has been sitting for a couple of days and its been hot 90+ and its starting to smell funny inside I let it air out today for a while the carpet is dry though.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Thread Information