Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys vs 3M perfect it III

Can anyone tell me what 3M Perfect it III Machine Glaze compares to in the Poorboys Line up. SSR 1 or SSR 2? I am looking for something more mild than Machine Glaze. TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody:dunno

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you are being ignored.
    It just seems that most of the machine applied products used by most members are not 3M.
    Lots of Meguiar`s users but very few 3M users.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t compare either but I used the PI-III ONCE and the PB line (all of `em!) and I am inclined to say SSR1 would be a bit lighter. It is stronger than a paint cleaner but not as aggressive as say PI-III or DACP (IMHO). SSR2 is more often compared to DACP.
    Hope this is of SOME use....
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Boss_429
    The Perfect it III Machine Glaze is more abrasive than the SSR1 or SSR2. Probably closer to the new SSR2.5 or SSR3. The Machine Glaze is a fine product, but a little more difficult to use than the SSR series.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used 3M Machine Glaze but I have used Meguiars #3 Machine Glaze. It is a 1 on their abrasive scale. I have found that this product will do some final polishing of the paint as well as filling since it contains oils. It wipes off very easy and leaves a very shiny wet looking surface. I used some 3M final glaze many many years ago and the #3 reminds me of that product.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Boss_429
    Kim,

Yea.......... now that I think about it, I`m mixing up the Perfect It III Compound, or the Finesse It II Machine "Polish" with the Perfect IT III Machine Glaze. I think the 3M Machine Glaze is closer to the Meguiar`s Machine Glaze. Although, the 3M number/products drive me crazy................. Perfect It II, Perfect It III, Finesse It II, Finese It III.

3M has too many products.

Post Thanks / Like
    PI-IIIMG is closer to Meg`s SFP... It`s really wierd that they call it a glaze. It states on the label "Contains No-Fillers"...so it`s not a glaze in the traditional sense. The polish allows you to work a panel for a good amount of time and it`s easy to remove once broken down. Only downside is it does dust quite a bit.

Boss_429
    Chris,

That would put the III MG around a 4 on the abrasive scale, which would make it similar to the Finesse It II Machine Polish............... I wonder why 3M does that................. they drive me crazy!!

We use to use a lot of their stuff in the past, and liked some of their stuff. However, if you don`t use it all the time, and have a bunch of their products............... it`s hard to remember which product works for a particular purpose! :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss...Yup, I would say 3-4 is a good number on a scale of 1-10. Maybe closer to Meg`s #9 since that is known to be a tad less agressive vs. SFP.

I agree...It`s a good product, but with the wide choices of polishes these days...It`s really hard to pick III-MG over PB`s, Menzerna, Meg`s, etc. But for those who have a 3M dealer or bodyshop close by...It might be a good local choice.

Thread Information