Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-15-2012

Default 300ZX window restore

My 1990 300ZX's windshield looks like it has been sand blasted when the sun hits it at just the right angle. No chips or gouges, just millions of ultra fine pit marks. I realize that is from all the years of driving, probably faster than I will admit, however, is there a product that I can use to remove this super fine layer of pitted glass to restore the windshield back to smooth pit free glass without damaging the windshield? I have an electric orbital polisher. BM
Old 04-15-2012
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: 300ZX window restore

Our new Water Spot Remover for Glass is not made for defect removal - you need cerium oxide.

But, used unevenly you'll leave depressions in the glass which will distort your view. It's an art to keep consistence, constant pressure on a large flat piece of glass.

Honestly, your best bet is to have the windshield replaced - it may cost a few dollars more than buying cerium oxide and some proper pads, but you'll have a nice flaw free finish to look out.
Old 04-15-2012

Default Re: 300ZX window restore

That is what I was afraid of...thanks for the help.
BM
Closed Thread